Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service
May 13 2019, David R BrownTweet
Krahn Chemie GmbH has acquired eMBe Products & Service GmbH, one of the leading additive manufacturers for the ceramics and powder metal industry in Europe. Terms of the deal, which took effect on May 1, 2019, were not disclosed.
The acquisition of eMBe is closely linked with our strategy of supporting customers in a targeted fashion in all stages of their production processesAxel Sebbesse
Managing Director of Krahn Chemie
Founded in 2007, eMBe Products & Service produces binder systems for the thermoplastic shaping of sinterable powder materials (ceramic and metallurgic). The company also develops customised product solutions, inconjunction with customers across the value-creation chain, at their technical center in Thierhaupten, Germany. It is also possible to produce small quantities of these products at this location. The products from eMBe are supplied under the trade names Embemould® and Embelube®.
“The acquisition of eMBe is closely linked with our strategy of supporting customers in a targeted fashion in all stages of their production processes, from the raw material to the end product. Krahn has been active in technical ceramics for more than 25 years now and has made a special contribution to the development of this market in the dental field. We are now going a step further and bundling our competence with the technical know-how of eMBe in order to be able to address the wishes of customers even more individually and also convince companies that don’t yet use ceramics of the advantages of this material. This is because ceramics are and remain materials with a future, the application portfolio of which is still far from being exhausted,” says Axel Sebbesse, Managing Director of Krahn Chemie GmbH.
About Krahn Chemie
Krahn Chemie is a chemical distribution company with a history spanning over 100 years. Kahn’s core competence is the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals.
The Krahn group offers its more than 5,000 customers an extensive and high-quality product range, technical services and in-house laboratory support. Krahn works closely together with internationally operating chemical manufacturers. They benefit from the target-oriented and sustainable marketing of their products in Europe – based on Kahn’s deep knowledge of the local markets.
Krahn supplies products to the following processing industries: paints and coatings, construction chemicals, adhesives and sealants, technical ceramics, plastics, rubber and lubricants.
In 2018, the Krahn Chemie group achieved a turnover of approximately 250 million euros and currently employs a staff of 185. The company's headquarters are situated in Germany. Subsidiaries or local sales teams have been established in Benelux, France, Italy, Poland, Romania, the Czech Republic and Hungary.
Source(s): Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease