Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS)
April 1 2019, David R BrownTweet
German-headquartered Oqema group has acquired the Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) based in the greater Milan area. EVS's products and services complement Oqema's portfolio in their business lines industrial, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, water treatment, and rubber and resins. The current annual turnover of EVS is just under EUR 60 million.
EVS is a traditional, reputable Italian company that, in close, trusting collaboration with its highly valued director, has moved forwards continuously over the decadesPeter Overlack
CEO of Oqema
EVS is a family-run company with around 50 employees. In Rivanazzano Terme, a town between Milan and Genoa, it maintains a storage area of approx. 50,000 m2 with a neighboring reserve plot of 50,000 m2. A second EVS site is located in Milan.
Peter Overlack, CEO of Oqema, sees the growth in Southern Europe as a consistent continuation of the company's European strategy. “EVS is a traditional, reputable Italian company that, in close, trusting collaboration with its highly valued director, has moved forwards continuously over the decades, unhurriedly and calmly, patiently and reliably. We are happy that Olindo Deserti, our spiritus rector, will remain part of the management of the company for years to come! Olindo inherited the company from his father and turned it into a market leader in northern Italy in just a few years,” said Overlack.
OQEMA, formerly Overlack, is one of is one of the ten largest chemical distributors in Europe with revenues of around EUR 820 million in 2018. Over 1,000 employees currently work for the OQEMA Group at 40 locations in 18 countries. The company is in the third generation of family ownership and has been lead by CEO Peter Overlack since 1988.
Source(s): Oqema Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease