Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions
March 1 2019, David R BrownTweet
Univar Inc. (NYSE: UNVR) has completed the acquisition of Nexeo Solutions, creating a leading global chemical and ingredients solutions provider. Following the recent agreement to divest Nexeo Plastics to an affiliate of One Rock Capital Partners, LLC, the company is rebranding the combined business as Univar Solutions, reflecting a commitment to mix the 'best of the best' from each legacy organisation.
Today is the beginning of an exciting journey, bringing together two great companies to create Univar SolutionsDavid Jukes, President and CEO at Univar Solutions
“Univar Solutions is uniquely positioned to drive growth and deliver significant value for shareholders, customers, suppliers and employees,” said David Jukes, Univar Solutions president and chief executive officer. “Together, we have the ability to redefine chemical and ingredients distribution, to deliver superior growth for our partners, people and shareholders.”
Univar Solutions aims to combine the scale, broad product portfolio, technical expertise, relationship know-how and specialised services of Univar with the extensive product knowledge, market expertise and scalable technology platform of Nexeo Solutions.
“Today is the beginning of an exciting journey, bringing together two great companies to create Univar Solutions, a company with the vision to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet. Our new brand name reflects our commitment to combine the best qualities of each legacy company to create an innovative industry leader,” said Jukes.
In addition to announcing the name under which the Company will operate going forward, Univar also unveiled the new Univar Solutions brand identity and logo, which can be seen by visiting www.univarsolutions.com.
Jukes added, “Our new logo represents a commitment to constructive partnerships and collaborations with our customers and suppliers. It also reflects an updated mission of streamlining, innovating and growing through values that will govern our new company: serious about safety, where people matter, we're valuable to others, where we do what we say, and together we win.”
About Univar Solutions
Univar Solutions (NYSE: UNVR) is a leading global chemical and ingredient distributor and provider of value added services to customers across a wide range of industries. With the industry's largest private transportation fleet and North American sales force, a vast supplier network, deep market and regulatory knowledge, world-class formulation and recipe development, unparalleled logistics know-how, and industry-leading digital tools, Univar Solutions is a committed ally to customers and suppliers, helping them anticipate, navigate, and leverage meaningful growth opportunities.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease