Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy
March 1 2019, David R BrownTweet
Aceto, a US-headquartered specialty distributor, has entered Chapter 11 bankruptcy and plans to sell its chemical and pharmaceutical ingredients distribution businesses. It has consequently entered into a 'stalking horse' agreement with New Mountain Capital, under which it will sell these interests for USD 338 million plus the assumption of certain liabilities (subject to certain adjustments), on a cash-free and debt-free basis, unless a better bid comes forward before the end of its fiscal year on 30 June 2019.
After assessing its options, the Board has determined that Court-supervised sales of Aceto’s chemicals business assets and its subsidiary Rising Pharmaceuticals are in the best interest of the CompanyWilliam C. Kennally III
Chief Executive Officer of Aceto
The company, which owes its creditors about USD 349 million, made a 10-Q filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission in New York on 20 February in order to facilitate a court-supervised auction of its business segments according to Section 363 of the US Bankruptcy Code. In the financial year ending June 2018, Aceto reported revenues of USD 711.4 million, a gross profit of USD 140.8 million but a net loss of USD 316.1 million largely attributable to impairment charges of USD 256.3 milllion on certain current and pipeline generic products 'as a result of continued intense competitive and pricing pressures'. It is expected that shareholders will lose their investments.
The parts of the business covered by the agreement with New Mountain are the Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Performance Chemical segments, plus the Nutritionals portion of the Human Health segment. Aceto's foreign chemicals business subsidiaries are not included in the filing but will be included in the sale. Likewise Aceto also plans to sell its struggling Human Health business (Rising Pharmaceuticals), in a similar process. The Human Health segment accounted for over 50% (USD 375 million) of the company's revenues in 2018 with the Peformance Chemicals and Pharamceutical Ingredients reporting sales of USD 178 million and USD 159 million respectively.
In order to secure enough working capital to continue normal business while the process of selling these operations goes ahead Aceto has also entered into USD 60 million debtor-in-possession financing from a syndicate led by Wells Fargo.
About ACETO Corporation
Incorporated in 1947, Aceto is focused on the global marketing, sale and distribution of Human Health products (finished dosage form generics and nutraceutical products), Pharmaceutical Ingredients (pharmaceutical intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients) and Performance Chemicals (specialty chemicals and agricultural protection products). With business operations in nine countries, ACETO distributes over 1,100 chemical compounds used principally as finished products or raw materials in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, agricultural, coatings and industrial chemical industries. ACETO's global operations, including a staff of 25 in China and 12 in India, are distinctive in the industry and enable its worldwide sourcing and regulatory capabilities.
Source(s): Aceto Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release