STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern
March 1 2019, David R BrownTweet
The German-headquartered STOCKMEIER Group has bought the industrial chemicals distribution division of Indukern, a company of the Spanish Indukern Group ultimately owned by Díaz-Varela family. The agreement was a result of Indukern's decision to focus its growth strategy on its other four divisions: Flavours & Fragrances, Food Ingredients, Animal Nutrition and Pharma and Animal Health. The acquired business is to be integrated in to Stockmeier's newly founded Spanish subsidiary, STOCKMEIER Química SLU.
We want to be among the top three chemical distributors in Europe. With this acquisition we have taken another big step in this directionMatthias Mirbach
Managing Director of STOCKMEIER Holding GmbH
“We are very pleased that the Diaz-Varela and Stockmeier families have come to an agreement and that Stockmeier will in future also occupy a leading position in chemical distribution in Spain. The business fits perfectly into our group of companies,” says Peter Stockmeier, Managing Partner of the STOCKMEIER Group.
“We want to be among the top three chemical distributors in Europe. With this acquisition we have taken another big step in this direction”, says Matthias Mirbach, Managing Director of STOCKMEIER Holding GmbH. “We will now further expand our business in Spain and exploit the synergies between our various companies in Europe. This makes us an attractive partner for customers and suppliers throughout Europe.”
Indukern's Industrial Chemicals division generated sales of 80 million euros with 70 employees in the last financial year. Daniel Díaz-Varela, managing director of Indukern, states “we have decided to sell this division as it considered not being strategic in Indukern's structure and as it considered not finding enough synergies with the rest of the activities of our company. Our goal is to focus in another priority areas, as Flavours & Fragrances or Food Ingredients for example, which have grown most lately. Maintaining this division without not developing all its potential and without strong inversions would have been a mistake”.
Indukern's warehouses in Barcelona and Valencia will be taken over by STOCKMEIER and will continue to serve as transhipment points for inorganic, organic products and specialty chemicals. With the additional sales offices, STOCKMEIER Química SL will be represented throughout Spain.
About STOCKMEIER Group
Founded in 1920, The STOCKMEIER Group is a family-owned company based in Bielefeld, Germany, which has a strong European presence in industrial chemicals distribution with further locations in Benelux, France, Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania and Slovakia and now Spain. The Group had grown significantly in Central Eastern Europe recently through the acquisition of the Austrian company HDS-Chemie and the opening of a new sales office in Hungary. The STOCKMEIER Group also comprises companies that are engaged in the production of chemicals and worldwide the Group has 1300 employees and 40 locations.
Source(s): Stockmeier Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease