Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners
February 8 2019, David R BrownTweet
Global chemical and ingredient distributor, Univar Inc. (NYSE: UNVR) ('Univar') and Nexeo Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ: NXEO) ('Nexeo Solutions') have announced an agreement for Nexeo Solutions to divest its plastics distribution business ('Nexeo Plastics') to an affiliate of One Rock Capital Partners, LLC for an enterprise value of USD 640 million, subject to customary closing adjustments.
Today's announcement marks the conclusion of our strategic review for Nexeo's Plastics Business and enables us to concentrate our energy on the core chemical distribution businessDavid Jukes
President and CEO of Univar
Univar's president and CEO, David Jukes, said: &ldquoToday's announcement marks the conclusion of our strategic review for Nexeo's Plastics Business and enables us to concentrate our energy on the core chemical distribution business and the abundant value creation opportunities from the Nexeo Solutions and Univar combination.”
Nexeo Solutions' president and CEO, David Bradley, commented: &ldquoFor One Rock, the purchase of Nexeo Solutions Plastics represents an opportunity to acquire an industry-leading plastics distributor with strong customer and supplier relationships. As a stand-alone business with a clear strategy, the outlook for the Plastics business and its employees is extraordinary.”
“We are very excited to have One Rock invest in our business, which Nexeo Solutions has built into one of the leading global plastics distribution companies,” said Shawn Williams, executive vice president, for Plastics at Nexeo Solutions. “We look forward to operating as a pure-play plastics business and will focus our talent and resources on expanding our service offering for our suppliers and customers worldwide.”
One Rock Managing Partner Tony Lee commented, &ldquoWe are excited about the opportunity to create a standalone plastics distribution business and invest in growth by deepening its relationships with customers and supplier partners. We look forward to collaborating with Nexeo Plastics' management team to achieve the full potential of the business.”
The divestiture is expected to result in net cash proceeds of at least USD 615 million, which will be immediately utilized to pay down debt in the combined Nexeo/Univar business. Transition services for corporate functions and shared distribution sites will be provided in order to support the buyer and seller during the transition period.
The divestiture has been approved by the Boards of Directors of both Univar and Nexeo Solutions and is anticipated to close in the first half of 2019, subject to receipt of regulatory approvals and satisfaction of other customary conditions and the closing of, or the satisfaction of the conditions to the closing of, Univar's acquisition of Nexeo Solutions.
Founded in 1924, Univar is a global chemical and ingredient distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2017, Univar reported revenues of USD 8.25 million and had nearly 9,000 employees located in 31 countries.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release