Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers
September 25 2018, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V. has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Cooperative Purchasers, a leading distributor of quality food ingredients serving the food and nutraceutical industries in the United States. The agreement underlines Caldic’s ambition to become a leading food ingredient solution provider in North America.
In line with our strategy to become a leading North American distributor of food ingredients, this is the perfect next stepSteve Owen
President of Caldic North America
Cooperative Purchasers, a family business run by brothers and co-owners Sid and Richard Marantz, has been engaged in the distribution of food ingredients since 1961 serving the California and U.S. West Coast markets. With a wide range of food ingredients manufactured by some of the most prominent companies in the industry, they have grown to become a multi-regional distributor with distribution centers located in the West, Midwest, Southwest and Southeast United States.
“We are very pleased with the acquisition of Cooperative Purchasers,” says Steve Owen, President of Caldic North America. “In line with our strategy to become a leading North American distributor of food ingredients, this is the perfect next step. Together with the Cooperative Purchasers’ team we will be able to bring many additional solutions to our customers and grow the market for our Principal suppliers.”
Cooperative Purchasers co-owner Richard Marantz states: “Our goal has always been to be the best source for the products we sell to our customers and a highly value added distributor to our vendors. With Cooperative Purchasers being acquired by Caldic, we believe that our ability to do this will be further enhanced.”
Caldic is a full-service distributor engaged in the production and distribution of solutions in Food, Industrial-, Health & Personal Care and Technical markets. With entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, its strengths lie in its global network combined with local expertise, giving the flexibility to answer local needs and build domestic partnerships. Operating with in-house warehouses, production facilities, test centers, and technical expertise, the company provides tailored solutions that contribute to customers’ business successes.
Caldic entered the North American market place in 2012 with the acquisition of Nealanders International Inc., leading food ingredient distributor in Canada with locations in Mississauga, Montreal and Vancouver, which now operates as Caldic Canada Inc., and the locations in Chicago and Los Angeles which now operate as Caldic USA Inc. In addition, Caldic acquired Mississauga-based The Ingredient Company in 2015.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release