Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada
July 13 2018, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V., international distributor and producer of food ingredients and specialty chemicals, has completed the acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients, a supplier of food ingredients and blending solutions to the Canadian market. The completion of this agreement underlines Caldic's contining drive to become a leading global food ingredient solution provider.
With this acquisition, Caldic is underlining its strategy to be a leading global distributor for the food industryOlav van Caldenborgh
CEO of Caldic B.V
Since 1955, HTG has invested in developing its dry blending and distribution capabilities and has built a strong reputation through a focus on tailored quality products, customer service and innovation. With their broad product range, including stabilizer systems, custom blends, flavour systems, dairy ingredients, extracts and sweeteners, and their extensive service portfolio, they are believed to be an excellent fit to Caldic's existing activities in North America.
In recent years, Caldic has demonstrated putting a strong focus on growing its business in food ingredients serving food processing companies in the Bakery, Dairy, Beverage, Savoury, Confectionary and Nutrition markets. “With this acquisition, Caldic is underlining its strategy to be a leading global distributor for the food industry”, says Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh, CEO of Caldic B.V. “Caldic’s successes have been built on its customer-centric culture. With the presence and wide range products and services, plus the addition of the experienced HTG teams in the North American region, we are even better able to serve our customers and suppliers.”
Grant Kenney, President of the HTG Industrial Ingredients division, sees the Caldic - HTG combination as a perfect fit: “The HTG team has been pursuing a growth strategy focused on being a trustworthy partner to its customers by offering innovative solutions. I believe that Caldic and our company share the same customer focus and desire to bring high quality products and solutions to our customers.”
Caldic is a full-service distributor engaged in the production and distribution of solutions in Food, Industrial-, Health & Personal Care and Technical markets. With entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, its strengths lie in its global network combined with local expertise, giving the flexibility to answer local needs and build domestic partnerships. Operating with in-house warehouses, production facilities, test centers, and technical expertise, the company provides tailored solutions that contribute to customers’ business successes.
Caldic entered the North American market place in 2012 with the acquisition of Nealanders International Inc., leading food ingredient distributor in Canada with locations in Mississauga, Montreal and Vancouver, which now operates as Caldic Canada Inc., and the locations in Chicago and Los Angeles which now operate as Caldic USA Inc. In addition, Caldic acquired Mississauga-based The Ingredient Company in 2015.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release