Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi
May 17 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Ingredi AB, effective immediately. Ingredi is a distributor of raw materials and ingredients for the Swedish food and health industry operating from a sales office in Sjöfartshuset in Gamla Stan, Stockholm.
We are excited about this acquisition as Ingredi’s product portfolio is very complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food businessGert Schnoor
Azelis Managing Director Nordic
The company has more than 25 years of experience in consulting, sales, stockholding and distribution of ingredients to these industries. Ingredi offers a broad quality assortment focusing on natural functional ingredients with "clean labeling" and organic raw materials.
Gert Schnoor, Azelis Managing Director Nordic, comments on the deal: “We are excited about this acquisition as Ingredi’s product portfolio is very complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food business. Together we will cover the main food applications markets, such as bakery, confectionery, health food and meat & fish.”
Fredrik Wollin, currently CEO at Ingredi, adds: “Azelis and Ingredi share the same values as well as focus on innovation, value creation and growth through partnerships with carefully selected partners. We are truly satisfied with the deal, since it clearly opens up new opportunities. We will become a part of a larger, strong, international organisation that offers greater development opportunities on many fronts. With the new setup we can offer a much wider product portfolio and know-how to our customers.”
Fredrik Wollin will continue his work in Azelis, mainly dedicated to serving customers in Sweden.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor providing a diverse range of innovative products and services. Dedicated teams serve customers in the following industries: Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. The Group has a turnover of around EUR 1.8 billion and employs around 1,800 people located in more than 60 facilities in over 40 countries across the EMEA, Asia Pacific and Americas regions.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release