Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited
October 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Global chemical distributor Caldic B.V. has announced it is to acquire Elastomerics Limited, a specialty chemicals distributor based in Macclesfield, UK, through its subsidiary, Caldic UK Ltd. Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the Coatings, Plastics & Rubber, and Adhesives & Sealants industries and the acquisition will strengthen Caldic's product portfolio and service capabilities in the UK.
The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus marketsPhilip Robinson
Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited
“The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus markets”, says Philip Robinson, Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited. “Whilst we already have business in these markets, this acquisition enables us to offer a comprehensive portfolio to our customers, backed up by the excellent service and technical expertise of the Elastomerics team”.
Gordon Cook, former owner and Managing Director of Elastomerics Limited, adds: “I am delighted to have reached this agreement with Caldic. The customer focus and service orientation of both companies make it a perfect fit, and I am confident that the business will continue to go from strength to strength under Caldic's leadership”.
In the UK, Caldic has a strong presence in base chemicals, which are being supplied from its distribution centres in Chesterfield (Derbyshire) and Melton Mowbray (Leicestershire). Caldic UK also has established Speciality Chemicals and Food Ingredients Divisions and also offers solutions in Health and Personal Care, Refinery Chemicals, and other Industrial markets.
About Caldic UK Ltd
Caldic UK Limited, which has its Head Office in Chesterfield (Derbyshire, Great Britain), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldic B.V., a specialty chemicals distributor headquartered in Rotterdam. The Caldic group, which was established in 1970, has sales revenue in excess of €800 million, operates 42 sites in 17 different countries spread across Europe, Asia and North America and counts approximately 1100 employees. The group has a strong presence in Food Ingredients and Speciality chemicals, as well as Industrial chemicals.
About Elastomerics Ltd
Founded in 1981 by Gordon Cook, Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the rubber, plastics, coatings and adhesives & sealants industries. The company had revenues of over EUR 25 million in 2016 and 11 employees.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release