Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical
September 20 2017, David R BrownTweet
Maroon Group LLC has acquired Seidler Chemical, a specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor based in Newark, New Jersey. Seidler's management team, led by Richard and Martha Seidler, will remain in place and continue to actively manage the business. Maroon Group is owned by CI Capital Partners and Maroon Group's management. This is Maroon Group's seventh add-on acquisition under CI Capital's ownership. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end marketsMark E. Reichard
President & CEO of Maroon Group
Established in 1896, Seidler Chemical supplies specialty chemicals and ingredients and value-add services to the pharmaceutical, high-purity electronic, industrial, and food and beverage industries.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with Rich, Martha, and their team and welcome a company with a 120-year history to Maroon Group,” said Mark E. Reichard, President & CEO of Maroon Group. “This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end markets,” Reichard added.
“We're excited to be part of an organization like Maroon Group that shares our focus on customer success,” commented Rich Seidler, President of Seidler Chemical. “Providing stability for our employees, customers, and suppliers was a priority when Martha and I set out on this course. Maroon has a proven track record of success as it relates to acquiring businesses like Seidler. They understand the importance of servicing the customer, continue to invest in acquired companies, and have a thoughtful approach to integration. Maroon Group was the right partner to continue the legacy of our family's company.”
About Maroon Group LLC
Founded in 1977, Maroon Group LLC is one of the fastest growing specialty chemical distributors in North America with revenues of USD 235 million in 2016. Based in Avon, Ohio, Maroon supplies specialty additives, ingredients, resins and pigments to manufacturers focused on plastics, rubber, CASE, composites and now life science markets. Maroon Group's portfolio of companies includes Maroon, Lincoln Fine Ingredients, Cadence Chemical, U.S. Chemicals, CNX Distribution, D.B. Becker, Addipel, and Polyram US.The company continues to aggressively explore opportunities to form partnerships with proven entrepreneurs that have built sustainable, successful companies.
Source(s): Maroon Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release