Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group
September 19 2017, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg-headquartered, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH (NRC) has announced that it has acquired 100% of the shares in Melrob Group Holdings Ltd. (Melrob) of Crawley, UK. The acquisition includes all of Melrob's subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Spain and the USA.
Acquiring Melrob not only represents a strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North AmericaDr. Gerd Bergmann
Managing Director of Nordmann, Rassmann Gmbh
“Acquiring Melrob not only represents the wide-reaching and strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North America,” explains Managing Director Dr. Gerd Bergmann.
Japan has a special position in Nordmann, Rassmann's newly expanded geographic presence, as the company has had very successful partnerships with well-known suppliers there for decades. “We are especially excited to be acquiring our own subsidiary in the Japanese market and thereby be able to take advantage of new business contacts and opportunities,” Dr. Bergmann added. “On the one hand, this acquisition is the result of our continued pursuit of Nordmann, Rassmann's growth strategy. On the other, and through our now complete European and global presence – which gives the whole NRC Group a markedly higher level of visibility on the international market – we're reaching yet another one of our strategic goals.”
Through the takeover, Nordmann, Rassmann will be acquiring new and important points of access to the markets for industrial chemicals as well as monomers. The Hamburg-based distributor will also be gaining another unique selling point due to Melrob's work in the biomaterials sector.
About Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH
Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH was founded in 1912 and belongs to Georg Nordmann Holding AG. Based in Hamburg, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH is the head of The NRC Group and distributes natural and chemical raw materials, additives and specialty chemicals while providing corresponding application-related know-how. The NRC Group has 16 locations throughout Europe and a staff of 330 employees*. With a portfolio of complementary products for all industry sectors, The NRC Group represents manufacturers of raw materials from across the globe and in 2016 achieved a turnover of approximately EUR 350 million.
*European offices located in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Germany (headquarters), Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scandinavia, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.
About Melrob Group Holdings Ltd
Melrob is a specialty chemical distribution company headquartered in the UK with operations in Asia, North America and Europe. The portfolio focuses on the Performance Chemicals, Life Sciences and Bio Materials sectors including the synthesis of Specialty Monomers for the contact lens industry. Long term relationships with both customers and suppliers underpin the Group business success. In 2016 Melrob employed 87 personnel and generated sales revenues of GBP 58 million.
Source(s): Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release