Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG
September 25 2017, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has announced the acquisition of Georges Walther AG, an independent family run company based in Switzerland. Originally starting as a sole trading company for commodities in 1942, Georges Walther AG has advanced in the recent years to become a well-respected business partner for specialities and innovations in Switzerland. Georges Walther AG employs nine people and is based in Pfaffikon(SZ), with a warehouse in Rumlang.
Combining this acquisition with existing operations from Azelis Switzerland and Azelis Germany will give us the perfect platform to strengthen our presence in the Swiss marketAnna Bertona
Azelis CEO & President EMEA
With the majority of revenue coming from high quality cosmetic ingredients, essential oils and fragrances, the company has developed an expertise in spheres, beads and soft pearls. In addition, the portfolio also includes pharma ingredients, food supplements and food ingredients.
Anna Bertona, Azelis CEO & President EMEA, comments: “Combining this acquisition with existing operations from Azelis Switzerland and Azelis Germany will give us the perfect platform to strengthen our presence in the Swiss market. It will allow us to focus on advanced personal care products in the portfolio and will enable us to be closer to our customers’ R&D centres.”
Jean-Michel Walther, CEO & Sales at Georges Walther adds: “Market consolidation is inevitable in the industry, having access to the Azelis application labs, technical services and network will allow us to continue our growth trajectory. We are looking forward to become part of a larger family – trust and personal relationships are at the heart of our culture, which will fit extremely well with Azelis’ core values.”
Jean-Michel Walther will become Business Manager for Personal Care in Switzerland. His key responsibilities will be to further develop the personal care market in Switzerland, reporting to Urs Haller, Managing Director Azelis Switzerland.
The transaction will be closed in the course of the next months.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor providing a diverse range of innovative products and services. Dedicated teams serve customers in the following industries: Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. The Group has a turnover of around €1.6 billion and employs around 1,700 knowledgeable people located in more than 60 facilities in over 40 countries across the EMEA, Asia Pacific and Americas regions.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release