German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz.
March 1 2017, David R BrownTweet
Sojitz Corporation has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares in Solvadis from Special Situations Venture Partners 2 (SSVP 2), a fund advised by Orlando Management AG (Munich), a leading PE investment advisor. Through the acquisition, Sojitz’ aims to become a global player within the methanol industry. Sojitz also aims to create synergies with Solvadis’ other basic and specialty chemical activities within their global sales network. Alantra advised Sojitz on the deal which is subject to the usual regulatory approvals.
This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing networkAndreas Weimann
CEO of Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a well-established chemical marketing and distribution company in Europe which traces its roots back to 1881. It operates sales offices and logistics centers throughout Europe but mainly centered on Germany. The company is recognised for its strengths in sales of basic chemicals such as sulphur, sulphuric acid, and in particular, methanol, of which it handles more than 1 million tpa. Sojitz Group, on the other hand, produces and sells methanol in the Asia region, with sales of more than 1 million tons annually and through the purchase of Solvadis aims to double the volume of methanol it sells and enhance the company's position as a global player within the methanol industry (competing with the likes of Helm AG).
“We are extremely pleased that solvadis will be our dedicated marketing company in the European region,” said Tsutomu Tanaka, MEO of Sojitz Corp., “solvadis's industry knowledge and logistics network will provide suppliers and customers with the highest possible service in the industry.”
“This agreement will create value and invigorate our distribution and marketing network with a higher key competence in our defined business fields,” said Andreas Weimann, CEO of solvadis group.
Sojitz Corporation based in Tokyo, is one of Japan's largest trading companies with more than 400 subsidiaries and affiliates across the world. Sojitz produces and sells around a million tonnes of methanol a year, which is mainly used in the manufacture of paints, plastics and pharmaceuticals.
About Solvadis Group
Solvadis is a group of 10 companies involved with the international marketing and distribution of sulphur, sulphuric acid, methanol, fertilizers and solvents as well as specialty chemicals and polymers. The company was orginally part of the former chemical business of Metallgesellschaft AG and became independent in 2004 when it was bought by funds advised by Orlando Management. In 2016, the company employed around 140 people and generated revenues of around EUR 520 million.
Source(s): Solvadis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release