Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V
June 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Caldic B.V. headquartered in Netherlands, has been acquired by Goldman Sachs Group Inc of the US, a global bank, active in investment banking, securities and investment management. Caldic's parent company, Eikenbosch Holding B.V. signed a share and purchase agreement on the 11th May 2017 for the sale of 100% of the shares in Caldic B.V. to funds for which Goldman Sachs & Co LLC acts as investment manager.
We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth pathMike Ebeling
Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division
Founded in 1970, Caldic is an international full-line distributor of commodity and specialty chemicals to customers in the industrial, health, and food industries with entities in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific. After the retirement of Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr. in 2006 the company has been successfully managed by his son, Olav van Caldenborgh. With a view to securing the company's long-term future, and to fulfil the current growth strategy, it was decided Caldic needed a strong financial partner to help deliver the corporate vision.
Mr. Olav van Caldenborgh underlines the continuation of the current strategy: “I am grateful for the support and vision of my father who brought the company to where we are today. With full commitment and together with all colleagues I will further build on the strong foundation and continue the current direction of the company in the future. Our strategy for further growth, both organically and through acquisitions, will remain unchanged.”
“We are very impressed by the quality and the strength of the company that has been built by Mr. Van Caldenborgh Sr.”, says Mike Ebeling, Managing Director at the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division. “We see significant potential for Caldic to accelerate its growth path. We are excited to be supporting the company's growth ambitions both organically and through acquisitions.”
The deal gained regulatory approval from the European Commission on the 23rd June 2017 and changes in the shareholding structure of Caldic are expected to be completed over the coming weeks. On completion the shares in Caldic BV will be transferred to Petrus Bidco B.V., an entity controlled by the Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division.
Caldic is an international distributor and producer of ingredients and products for the food, chemical and technical industries with 45 locations including offices, warehouses, laboratories, distribution centres and production facilities in 18 countries across Europe, Asia and North America. In 2016 the Group posted revenues in excessf EUR 750 million and employes over 1,000 people.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release, Other
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release