Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market
June 15 2017, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has agreed to acquire Danish distributor of food ingredients and own-brand blends, LCH A/S. Mainly dedicated to serving customers in Denmark, all 16 employees of LCH and its Turkish subsidiary Inno Gida will join Azelis.
The acquisition of LCH immediately doubles the Azelis Nordic Food business, making us a leading food distributor in the regionAnna Bertona
Azelis CEO EMEA
LCH has a strong position in selling functional ingredients and own blends primarily to the Danish food industry and is a trusted partner of the largest bakery customers in Denmark. The company offers innovative products such as organic, preservative-free and protein-rich ingredients and mixes. Like Azelis, LCH strongly focuses on innovation and is committed to targeted product development, which allows rapid response to key market trends that drive growth in the bakery industry.
Ms. Anna Bertona, Azelis CEO EMEA, comments on the deal: &ldquoWe are excited about this acquisition as LCH’s product portfolio is complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food business. Together we will cover the main food applications markets, such as bakery, confectionery, ingredients and meat & fish. Furthermore, the acquisition of LCH immediately doubles the Azelis Nordic Food business, making us a leading food distributor in the region.”
Mr. Gert Schnoor, LCH CEO, adds: “Azelis and LCH share the same values as well as a focus on innovation, value creation and growth through relationships with carefully selected partners. We are truly satisfied with the deal, since it clearly opens up new opportunities for the LCH team and will allow our business model to expand into new territories. We will become part of a larger, strong, international organisation that offers greater development opportunities on many fronts.”
Mr. Schnoor will become the new Managing Director for the combined Azelis Nordic organisation. He replaces Mr. Andrew Johnson, who has successfully led Azelis Nordics for years and will now relocate to the UK.
The acquisition of LCH endorses the commitment of Azelis' major shareholders – funds advised by Apax Partners – to support the business's growth in the speciality food ingredients and chemical segment.
Azelis is a leading global specialty chemicals distributor providing a wide range of products and services to over 20,000 customers in the personal care, pharma, food and health, animal nutrition, homecare and industrial cleaning, coatings, lubricants and metal working fluids, rubber & plastic additives and chemicals industries. Azelis has a turnover of around €1.5 billion and employs around 1,500 people located in more than 45 facilities in 40 countries across across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release