Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India
March 10 2017, David R BrownTweet
Connell Brothers Company (CBC), a division of Wilbur-Ellis and a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Asia-Pacific, has acquired the assets of The Topical Lab located in Mumbai through its Indian subsidiary Connell Brothers Company (India) Pvt. Ltd. This acquisition by CBC India further reinforces the commitment by the Company to be the leading chemical distributor in Asia.
The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients businessPam Jones
CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director
The Topical Lab is a research hub for aesthetic dermatological formulations development which turns ideas in to innovative, market-ready brands. Developed by its former owner and current leader of CBC's personal care and health care business in India, Mohit Lalvani, this brand incubator helps customers plan and create signature brands meeting exacting requirements.
“The Topical Lab is a one-of-a-kind, high-end research and application development laboratory,” said Lalvani. “The laboratory studies include extensively tested finished formulas, giving customers the ability to launch new products and variants in minimal time and with great confidence.”
This acquisition will add a dedicated team of personal and health care specialists to CBC India's growing employee base which will benefit its customers in India. These specialists will develop cosmeceutical and skin care formulations for pharmaceutical and personal care customers producing ready-to-launch prototypes.
“The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients business and aligns well with our Pilot Plant, acquired in 2015 with our purchase of Mascot Universal's Personal and Health Care business,” said CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director Pam Jones. “We are not just setting standards, but helping customers meet them too. At CBC, we talk about 'creativity beyond chemistry' and the acquisition of The Topical Labs will provide opportunities for us to collaborate with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways.”
About Connell Brothers Company
Founded in 1898, Connell Brothers is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific. CBC operates 48 offices in 18 countries and 26 labs in 10 countries and annual sales approaching $800 million. The company is part of the Wilbur-Ellis Group, a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients, with sales of over $3.1 billion.
Source(s): Connell Brothers Company Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release