Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India
March 10 2017, David R BrownTweet
Connell Brothers Company (CBC), a division of Wilbur-Ellis and a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Asia-Pacific, has acquired the assets of The Topical Lab located in Mumbai through its Indian subsidiary Connell Brothers Company (India) Pvt. Ltd. This acquisition by CBC India further reinforces the commitment by the Company to be the leading chemical distributor in Asia.
The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients businessPam Jones
CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director
The Topical Lab is a research hub for aesthetic dermatological formulations development which turns ideas in to innovative, market-ready brands. Developed by its former owner and current leader of CBC's personal care and health care business in India, Mohit Lalvani, this brand incubator helps customers plan and create signature brands meeting exacting requirements.
“The Topical Lab is a one-of-a-kind, high-end research and application development laboratory,” said Lalvani. “The laboratory studies include extensively tested finished formulas, giving customers the ability to launch new products and variants in minimal time and with great confidence.”
This acquisition will add a dedicated team of personal and health care specialists to CBC India's growing employee base which will benefit its customers in India. These specialists will develop cosmeceutical and skin care formulations for pharmaceutical and personal care customers producing ready-to-launch prototypes.
“The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients business and aligns well with our Pilot Plant, acquired in 2015 with our purchase of Mascot Universal's Personal and Health Care business,” said CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director Pam Jones. “We are not just setting standards, but helping customers meet them too. At CBC, we talk about 'creativity beyond chemistry' and the acquisition of The Topical Labs will provide opportunities for us to collaborate with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways.”
About Connell Brothers Company
Founded in 1898, Connell Brothers is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific. CBC operates 48 offices in 18 countries and 26 labs in 10 countries and annual sales approaching $800 million. The company is part of the Wilbur-Ellis Group, a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients, with sales of over $3.1 billion.
Source(s): Connell Brothers Company Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 23 Jun 2017 - Emeraude International acquire North American PVC resin distributor, Resin Technology »...Source: Resin Technology Press release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release