Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India
March 10 2017, David R BrownTweet
Connell Brothers Company (CBC), a division of Wilbur-Ellis and a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Asia-Pacific, has acquired the assets of The Topical Lab located in Mumbai through its Indian subsidiary Connell Brothers Company (India) Pvt. Ltd. This acquisition by CBC India further reinforces the commitment by the Company to be the leading chemical distributor in Asia.
The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients businessPam Jones
CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director
The Topical Lab is a research hub for aesthetic dermatological formulations development which turns ideas in to innovative, market-ready brands. Developed by its former owner and current leader of CBC's personal care and health care business in India, Mohit Lalvani, this brand incubator helps customers plan and create signature brands meeting exacting requirements.
“The Topical Lab is a one-of-a-kind, high-end research and application development laboratory,” said Lalvani. “The laboratory studies include extensively tested finished formulas, giving customers the ability to launch new products and variants in minimal time and with great confidence.”
This acquisition will add a dedicated team of personal and health care specialists to CBC India's growing employee base which will benefit its customers in India. These specialists will develop cosmeceutical and skin care formulations for pharmaceutical and personal care customers producing ready-to-launch prototypes.
“The acquisition is an excellent addition to CBC India's personal care and health care ingredients business and aligns well with our Pilot Plant, acquired in 2015 with our purchase of Mascot Universal's Personal and Health Care business,” said CBC Personal and Health Care Marketing Director Pam Jones. “We are not just setting standards, but helping customers meet them too. At CBC, we talk about 'creativity beyond chemistry' and the acquisition of The Topical Labs will provide opportunities for us to collaborate with our customers in new, creative and innovative ways.”
About Connell Brothers Company
Founded in 1898, Connell Brothers is the largest marketer and distributor of specialty chemicals and ingredients in Asia-Pacific. CBC operates 48 offices in 18 countries and 26 labs in 10 countries and annual sales approaching $800 million. The company is part of the Wilbur-Ellis Group, a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and ingredients, with sales of over $3.1 billion.
Source(s): Connell Brothers Company Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release