Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc.
February 9 2017, David R BrownTweet
US specialty chemicals distributor, TMC Materials Inc. based in Shrewsbury, MA has been bought by Ravago Holdings America as the Group continues to pursue a buy and build strategy to rapidly establish a leading chemical distribution platform in the USA.
With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coastJim Duffy
President and CEO of Ravago Americas
TMC Materials Inc is a distributor of plastics-related materials including epoxies, polyurethanes, plasticizers, pigments, fillers and silicones. The firm was founded in 1999 by owner Kevin Mulkern and now covers 20 states along the east coast of the United States. TMC Materials will continue to operate under its own name.
Jim Duffy, president and CEO of Ravago Americas, said, “The mission of Ravago Chemical is to have a 'global presence with a local feel'. With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coast as we continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor Network.”
Kevin Mulkern, owner of TMC Materials, stated, “This is an amazing opportunity for TMC to transition into the next logical step in its growth curve. Becoming part of the Ravago vision offers our suppliers, customers and employees a great opportunity to continue to grow and succeed beyond the 18 years of success, to date. TMC is very excited about this new chapter for our employees, customers and suppliers, as they continue to serve with integrity, honesty, sincerity and hard work.”
In December 2016 Ravago Chemicals acquired Pacific Coast Chemicals of San Francisco, a distributor of pigments, light stabilizers, titanium dioxide, polyurethane dispersions and silicones to the plastic industry following the acquisition of the TH Hilson Company earlier in the year.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the Group employs over 5,000 people worldwide, distributing almost 9 billion pounds of resins and compounds to 40,000 customers.
Source(s): Ravago Press Pelease
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release