Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc.
February 9 2017, David R BrownTweet
US specialty chemicals distributor, TMC Materials Inc. based in Shrewsbury, MA has been bought by Ravago Holdings America as the Group continues to pursue a buy and build strategy to rapidly establish a leading chemical distribution platform in the USA.
With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coastJim Duffy
President and CEO of Ravago Americas
TMC Materials Inc is a distributor of plastics-related materials including epoxies, polyurethanes, plasticizers, pigments, fillers and silicones. The firm was founded in 1999 by owner Kevin Mulkern and now covers 20 states along the east coast of the United States. TMC Materials will continue to operate under its own name.
Jim Duffy, president and CEO of Ravago Americas, said, “The mission of Ravago Chemical is to have a 'global presence with a local feel'. With this acquisition of TMC Materials, we establish a strong position on the entire east coast as we continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor Network.”
Kevin Mulkern, owner of TMC Materials, stated, “This is an amazing opportunity for TMC to transition into the next logical step in its growth curve. Becoming part of the Ravago vision offers our suppliers, customers and employees a great opportunity to continue to grow and succeed beyond the 18 years of success, to date. TMC is very excited about this new chapter for our employees, customers and suppliers, as they continue to serve with integrity, honesty, sincerity and hard work.”
In December 2016 Ravago Chemicals acquired Pacific Coast Chemicals of San Francisco, a distributor of pigments, light stabilizers, titanium dioxide, polyurethane dispersions and silicones to the plastic industry following the acquisition of the TH Hilson Company earlier in the year.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the Group employs over 5,000 people worldwide, distributing almost 9 billion pounds of resins and compounds to 40,000 customers.
Source(s): Ravago Press Pelease
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release