Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group
February 2 2017, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, has announced that it has completed the acquisition of the pipeline and chemicals services business segment of Greene's Energy Group, LLC, a leading provider of integrated solutions for the Oil & Gas (O&G) industry in the USA, headquartered in Houston, Texas. The business is focused on pipeline cleaning and hydrostatic testing.
The acquisition complements our existing product and service portfolio for the O&G business in the USAMarkus Klähn
Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag North America
Markus Klähn, Member of the Management Board of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag North America: “The acquisition complements our existing product and service portfolio for the O&G business in the USA and supports our ability to comprehensively serve all segments of the industry.”
The acquired assets of the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group, LLC, offers a full range of products and services for pipeline integrity management, new construction and maintenance support including several proprietary chemicals and large inventory of specialized equipment.
Anthony Gerace, Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group: “The acquisition will expand our capabilities and service offering in this important segment and is a good opportunity for further consolidation of the still fragmented market of service providers to the O&G industry.”
The business unit generated sales of approximately 15.5 million USD in the financial year 2016.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release