The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH)
February 3 2017, David R BrownTweet
OBG Pharmaceuticals Ltd (OBG) has announced that is has acquired Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH), a long established UK distributor of functional mineral fillers and additives. The business will form part of OBG's Plastics Division, and complements the activities of Hubron Speciality Limited (HSL), an existing subsidiary of OBG involved with the distribution of specialty raw materials to the polymer and related industry sectors.
We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing marketPadraic O'Brien
Managing Director, OBG Group
Commenting on the completion of the acquisition, Padraic O'Brien OBG Group MD noted: “We are delighted to have RBH join the family. The longstanding relationships at the core of RBH fit with the sustainable long term approach to business taken by OBG. We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing market.”
Peter Taylor RBH MD addded, “OBG share the ethos of RBH: working with customers, promoting and supporting principals and providing a stimulating and supportive working environment for employees. We are delighted to be part of the OBG Group and believe that working within OBG, and in particular alongside Hubron Speciality Limited, will allow RBH to grow and prosper and will be of significant benefit to our customers, principals and staff. For our customers it will be very much business as usual. For our principals and staff we believe that being part of the OBG Group will allow for on-going development and growth.”
Richard Baker Harrison Limited was founded by Mr. Richard Baker in London in 1858 and the organisation that exists today has evolved from a number of subsequent acquisitions of other mineral and chemical trading companies. Both HSL and RBH believe they share many values in their approach to the business of principal distribution and representation in their markets, the essence of which being business integrity, professionalism and fairness coupled with high levels of customer satisfaction. RBH supplies functional minerals and additives, into a diverse range of industry sectors, to customers across the globe.
About OBG Group
OBG is a privately held business with interests in pharmaceuticals and industrial additives. It aims to unlock potential and profit through enabling entrepreneurial spirit in science-led markets. We value creativity in all areas of business, focus on sustainable enterprise above quick wins and believe strongly in celebrating the individuality of our employees, clients and all group companies.
About Hubron Speciality Ltd
Hubron Speciality Limited was founded in 1954 and has an enviable reputation as a principal distributor of functional additives and speciality modifiers to the wider polymers sector, supported by technical expertise. The markets currently served include A&S; Coatings; Composites; Elastomeric; Thermoplastic; Thermoset and Urethane. Hubron joined the OBG Group in 2004, and has successfully expanded activities using wider Group resources.
Source(s): Hubron Specialty Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release