The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH)
February 3 2017, David R BrownTweet
OBG Pharmaceuticals Ltd (OBG) has announced that is has acquired Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH), a long established UK distributor of functional mineral fillers and additives. The business will form part of OBG's Plastics Division, and complements the activities of Hubron Speciality Limited (HSL), an existing subsidiary of OBG involved with the distribution of specialty raw materials to the polymer and related industry sectors.
We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing marketPadraic O'Brien
Managing Director, OBG Group
Commenting on the completion of the acquisition, Padraic O'Brien OBG Group MD noted: “We are delighted to have RBH join the family. The longstanding relationships at the core of RBH fit with the sustainable long term approach to business taken by OBG. We look forward to supporting our broadened principal base to build on the opportunities that exist in UK manufacturing market.”
Peter Taylor RBH MD addded, “OBG share the ethos of RBH: working with customers, promoting and supporting principals and providing a stimulating and supportive working environment for employees. We are delighted to be part of the OBG Group and believe that working within OBG, and in particular alongside Hubron Speciality Limited, will allow RBH to grow and prosper and will be of significant benefit to our customers, principals and staff. For our customers it will be very much business as usual. For our principals and staff we believe that being part of the OBG Group will allow for on-going development and growth.”
Richard Baker Harrison Limited was founded by Mr. Richard Baker in London in 1858 and the organisation that exists today has evolved from a number of subsequent acquisitions of other mineral and chemical trading companies. Both HSL and RBH believe they share many values in their approach to the business of principal distribution and representation in their markets, the essence of which being business integrity, professionalism and fairness coupled with high levels of customer satisfaction. RBH supplies functional minerals and additives, into a diverse range of industry sectors, to customers across the globe.
About OBG Group
OBG is a privately held business with interests in pharmaceuticals and industrial additives. It aims to unlock potential and profit through enabling entrepreneurial spirit in science-led markets. We value creativity in all areas of business, focus on sustainable enterprise above quick wins and believe strongly in celebrating the individuality of our employees, clients and all group companies.
About Hubron Speciality Ltd
Hubron Speciality Limited was founded in 1954 and has an enviable reputation as a principal distributor of functional additives and speciality modifiers to the wider polymers sector, supported by technical expertise. The markets currently served include A&S; Coatings; Composites; Elastomeric; Thermoplastic; Thermoset and Urethane. Hubron joined the OBG Group in 2004, and has successfully expanded activities using wider Group resources.
Source(s): Hubron Specialty Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release