Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie
January 5 2017, David R BrownTweet
Stockmeier Chemie GmbH & Co. KG has annouced that it has acquired a ownership interest in specialty chemical distributor, HDS-Chemie Handels Ges.m.b.H. Through this strategic partnership, Stockmeier will add locations in Vienna, Bratislava (Slovakia) and Iasi (Romania) to its European network and extend its reach to markets in Hungary, the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Macedonia. The existing business of SFC Stockmeier in Vienna will be merged into HDS-Chemie from the beginning of March 1, 2017.
We're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern EuropePeter Stockmeier
CEO of the STOCKMEIER Group
Managing Partner Christian Schuster, part of the second generation of the founding family, will continue to lead HDS-Chemie and the Stockmeier Group now has a strong partner in Eastern Europe with which it can carry business forward with many customers and supplier partners in these new markets.
“We're very pleased to be able to welcome HDS-Chemie as a new member in our company. With this strategic partnership, we're planning on expanded market penetration through a high-quality distribution channel in Austria and Eastern Europe with a clear focus on speciality chemicals,” says Peter Stockmeier.
“With the sale of company shares to the Stockmeier Group, we gain a strong partner at our side to give us long-term support along the growth course we’ve embarked on. We believe strongly in the work we’re doing together, both in business terms and on a human level,” says Christian Schuster of the decision to partner with the Stockmeier Group.
HDS-Chemie was founded in 1949 and supplies specialty chemicals to a wide range of industries including plastic & rubber, CASE and life sciences.
About the Stockmeier Group
Founded in 1920, the Stockmeier Group is a privately owned full-line distributor and manufacturer currently under the 3rd generation of family ownership. The company has 44 locations (25 in Germany) and services over 30,000 customers in Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Russia and the USA and has around 1,300 employees. In 2015 the Group achieved sales revenues of nearly EUR 1 billion.
Source(s): Stockmeier Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release