GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America
January 10 2017, David R BrownTweet
Braskem, the largest petrochemical company in the Americas, has signed an agreement with GTM do Brasil, a subsidiary of GTM Holdings S.A., through which it undertakes to sell a 100% interest in its subsidiary quantiQ, one of Brazil's largest chemical distributors.
The acquisition of quantiQ cements our presence in Brazil and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platformMichael van Marle
Chairman and CEO of GTM Holdings S.A.
Global private equity investors, Advent International is the controlling shareholder of GTM and is providing equity financing to support the acquisition of quantiQ. The deal is valued at R$550 million, of which R$450 million will be paid at the conclusion of the sale and the remainder in up to 12 months post-close. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by the Brazilian competition authority, Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica (CADE).
This transformative acquisition follows GTM's previous purchases of High Chem Specialties in Mexico and Peruquímicos S.A.C. in Peru. It adds a differentiated and fully developed business line to GTM’s existing chemical distribution businesses in Brazil, creating the largest, independent chemical distribution platform in Latin America. The transaction will further consolidate GTM's leadership position across the Latin American market. Advent International had unsuccessfully tried to buy quantiQ in 2012, when the company was valued at R$1 billion.
“The acquisition of quantiQ cements our presence in Brazil and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platform that offers a robust set of services to our customers across Latin America,” said Michael van Marle, Chairman and CEO of GTM. “Together, GTM and quantiQ provide our customers and suppliers with a new option that integrates the experiences and quality of both companies in a portfolio of innovative products, technologies, services and solutions unique to Latin America.”
Founded in 1991 as Ipiranga Química, quantiQ has a long track record in the chemicals industry and is a well-recognized brand. The company has a complete portfolio in commodities, performance and specialty products, offering value-added services for its 5,000+ clients in 50 different end markets, including cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and nutrition. quantiQ is the leading chemical distributor in Brazil in a fragmented market where the top 10 players have only 30% market share. QuantiQ has four distribution centers and six logistics bases in Brazil and reported sales of R$217 million in the third quarter of 2016, down 6% from the year-ago period. EBITDA was down 64% in the period, to R$8 million.
GTM was founded in 1983 in Guatemala. Together, GTM and quantiQ will operate 62 distribution centers in 12 countries throughout Latin America with operations in Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Argentina and employ nearly 1000 people. GTM also has service supply offices in the United States, India, and China.
Source(s): GTM press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release