US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical
December 1 2016, David R BrownTweet
Pacific Coast Chemicals (PCC), a specialty chemical distributor headquartered in San Francisco, has been acquired by Ravago Chemical's North American subsidary, TH Hilson Company. The business will continue to operate as Pacific Coast Chemicals with no changes to the products supplied to their customer base primarily across the West Coast Region of the USA. Aspect Consumer Partners acted as exclusive financial advisor to Pacific Coast Chemicals in the transaction.
We continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor NetworkJim Duffy
President and CEO of Ravago Americas
Pacific Coast Chemicals was founded in 1969 in Berkeley, California by Aaron, Don and Patricia Stull, mainly selling chemical raw materials to the CASE, ink, and plastics industries. Today the company is active in 11 states west of the Rocky Mountains and has expaned into other markets areas including food and nutrition, HI&I/compounding, life sciences, oil & gas, and water and waste treatment.
“It is exciting to have found a great company that will allow the legacy of PCC to continue for decades to come. Ravago offers our customers and employees a great opportunity to build upon the foundation my father started and that we have grown over the past 50 years. This is an exciting new chapter for our employees, customers and suppliers we serve.” said, Dominic Stull, CEO of Pacific Coast Chemicals.
“We are excited to announce the addition of PCC as part of our family and a key component to our NA Specialty Chemical Distribution Platform. PCC offers us a tremendous opportunity to collaborate with suppliers we have in common and foster new supplier relationships as well. PCC brings diversity in the markets we serve due to their strength in Food, Beverage, Personal Care and CASE. I look forward to working with Dominic Stull, whom I have known for over 30 years, and Craig Frial, PCC's former President, who will be leading the West Coast Region.” said Lori Hilson Cioromski, GM & VP of Chemicals.
“The mission of Ravago Chemical is to have a 'global presence with a local feel'. In March, we acquired the TH Hilson Company to build our North American Distribution platform and are pleased to announce the addition of Pacific Coast Chemicals for the West Coast Region. We continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor Network.” said Jim Duffy, President and CEO of Ravago Americas.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the group employs over 5,500 people.
Source(s): T H Hilson Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release