US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical
December 1 2016, David R BrownTweet
Pacific Coast Chemicals (PCC), a specialty chemical distributor headquartered in San Francisco, has been acquired by Ravago Chemical's North American subsidary, TH Hilson Company. The business will continue to operate as Pacific Coast Chemicals with no changes to the products supplied to their customer base primarily across the West Coast Region of the USA. Aspect Consumer Partners acted as exclusive financial advisor to Pacific Coast Chemicals in the transaction.
We continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor NetworkJim Duffy
President and CEO of Ravago Americas
Pacific Coast Chemicals was founded in 1969 in Berkeley, California by Aaron, Don and Patricia Stull, mainly selling chemical raw materials to the CASE, ink, and plastics industries. Today the company is active in 11 states west of the Rocky Mountains and has expaned into other markets areas including food and nutrition, HI&I/compounding, life sciences, oil & gas, and water and waste treatment.
“It is exciting to have found a great company that will allow the legacy of PCC to continue for decades to come. Ravago offers our customers and employees a great opportunity to build upon the foundation my father started and that we have grown over the past 50 years. This is an exciting new chapter for our employees, customers and suppliers we serve.” said, Dominic Stull, CEO of Pacific Coast Chemicals.
“We are excited to announce the addition of PCC as part of our family and a key component to our NA Specialty Chemical Distribution Platform. PCC offers us a tremendous opportunity to collaborate with suppliers we have in common and foster new supplier relationships as well. PCC brings diversity in the markets we serve due to their strength in Food, Beverage, Personal Care and CASE. I look forward to working with Dominic Stull, whom I have known for over 30 years, and Craig Frial, PCC's former President, who will be leading the West Coast Region.” said Lori Hilson Cioromski, GM & VP of Chemicals.
“The mission of Ravago Chemical is to have a 'global presence with a local feel'. In March, we acquired the TH Hilson Company to build our North American Distribution platform and are pleased to announce the addition of Pacific Coast Chemicals for the West Coast Region. We continue to focus our efforts on cultural fit and industry expertise by providing resources to build a world class North American Specialty Distributor Network.” said Jim Duffy, President and CEO of Ravago Americas.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the group employs over 5,500 people.
Source(s): T H Hilson Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release