IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya
December 22 2016, David R BrownTweet
IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of speciality chemicals and food ingredients, has announced that it has acquired 100% of Feza Kimya, based in Istanbul, Turkey. With a focus on the coatings and plastics markets, Feza Kimya perfectly complements IMCD's existing operations in Turkey.
This acquisition will allow us to establish a market-leading organisation for the Turkish coatings industryGokhan Oran
Managing Director IMCD Turkey
Feza Kimya İç ve Dış Ticaret Anonim Şirketi (Feza Kimya) was founded in 1959 by Saffet Bozkurt and has developed in to one of the leading players in the technical sales, marketing and distribution of speciality chemicals and instruments in Turkey selling into the coatings, plastics, rubber, lubricants and detergents sectors. In 2015 Feza Kimya generated revenue of EUR 8 million with 23 employees.
Gokhan Oran, Managing Director IMCD Turkey, comments on the acquisition: “With a highly-acclaimed reputation, long-term supplier partnerships and dedicated sales team, Feza Kimya is an excellent fit with IMCD. This acquisition will allow us to establish a market-leading organisation for the Turkish coatings industry and will also provide a platform to build a local application laboratory dedicated to coatings. This will ensure that we further develop our technical support for both our suppliers and customers in the Turkish region. In addition, the acquisition expands our operations into plastics: a key market in Turkey.”
Mr. Mehmet Bozkurt, Managing Director of Feza Kimya, adds: “IMCD's focus on providing innovative solutions and a high-quality service to its partners closely aligns with Feza Kimya's values and strategy. We are delighted to become a part of the IMCD organisation and very much look forward to working together to create new development opportunities and to further enhance our offering to our existing and new partners.”
About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Americas. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD.AS), IMCD realised revenues of €1,530 million in 2015. In over 40 countries on 6 continents its dedicated team of more than 1,700 technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions for around 32,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
Source(s): IMCD Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release