IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya
December 22 2016, David R BrownTweet
IMCD N.V., a leading distributor of speciality chemicals and food ingredients, has announced that it has acquired 100% of Feza Kimya, based in Istanbul, Turkey. With a focus on the coatings and plastics markets, Feza Kimya perfectly complements IMCD's existing operations in Turkey.
This acquisition will allow us to establish a market-leading organisation for the Turkish coatings industryGokhan Oran
Managing Director IMCD Turkey
Feza Kimya İç ve Dış Ticaret Anonim Şirketi (Feza Kimya) was founded in 1959 by Saffet Bozkurt and has developed in to one of the leading players in the technical sales, marketing and distribution of speciality chemicals and instruments in Turkey selling into the coatings, plastics, rubber, lubricants and detergents sectors. In 2015 Feza Kimya generated revenue of EUR 8 million with 23 employees.
Gokhan Oran, Managing Director IMCD Turkey, comments on the acquisition: “With a highly-acclaimed reputation, long-term supplier partnerships and dedicated sales team, Feza Kimya is an excellent fit with IMCD. This acquisition will allow us to establish a market-leading organisation for the Turkish coatings industry and will also provide a platform to build a local application laboratory dedicated to coatings. This will ensure that we further develop our technical support for both our suppliers and customers in the Turkish region. In addition, the acquisition expands our operations into plastics: a key market in Turkey.”
Mr. Mehmet Bozkurt, Managing Director of Feza Kimya, adds: “IMCD's focus on providing innovative solutions and a high-quality service to its partners closely aligns with Feza Kimya's values and strategy. We are delighted to become a part of the IMCD organisation and very much look forward to working together to create new development opportunities and to further enhance our offering to our existing and new partners.”
About IMCD N.V.
IMCD is a market-leader in the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals and food ingredients in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Americas. Listed at Euronext, Amsterdam (IMCD.AS), IMCD realised revenues of €1,530 million in 2015. In over 40 countries on 6 continents its dedicated team of more than 1,700 technical and commercial experts work in close partnership to tailor best in class solutions for around 32,000 customers and a diverse range of world class suppliers.
Source(s): IMCD Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release