Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients
November 14 2016, David R BrownTweet
Barentz announces the acquisition of the majority shares in Globe Ingredients, a fast growing international raw material trader and distributor based in Holland, Serbia, China and Colombia. Globe Ingredients' core business is in vitamins and amino acids, mainly for the feed industry, which further strengthens Barentz' position in the an animal nutrition sector whilst also expanding the business into new geographic regions.
The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025Hidde van der Wal
CEO of Barentz International
“The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025, in which we aim at acquiring strategic companies that also expand our reach geographically,” said Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz International. “Together we become stronger, expanding our ingredients portfolios, where especially Globe Ingredients' wide network of suppliers of high quality animal nutrition is of great value for Barentz. We are pleased that the current directors remain stakeholders and managers of the company.”
Globe Ingredients is an international trading company and distributor for feed, food and pharma, adhering to the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and FAMI-QS international quality systems developed for specialty feed ingredients. Most of the additives and ingredients, such as vitamins, amino-acids, proteins and minerals are sourced from suppliers worldwide, are stored in and distributed from the Netherlands.
In total Globe Ingredients has 16 employees operating from its four offices worldwide. The company will continue to be managed by its own dedicated and successful management team consisting of the directors Martijn Krijgsman and Frànk van Eeden. “Over the past years Globe Ingredients has grown significantly and through this partnership with Barentz we hope to be able to expand this growth, taking advantage of both our expertise,” said Krijgsman. “Globe Ingredients will benefit from the distribution network and expertise of Barentz while at the same time Barentz can spread its business worldwide in the sales and distribution of feed additives,” van Eeden added.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA and Asia Pacific region. The turnover for the Barentz group is expected to reach 1 billion euro in 2016.
Source(s): Barentz Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release