Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients
November 14 2016, David R BrownTweet
Barentz announces the acquisition of the majority shares in Globe Ingredients, a fast growing international raw material trader and distributor based in Holland, Serbia, China and Colombia. Globe Ingredients' core business is in vitamins and amino acids, mainly for the feed industry, which further strengthens Barentz' position in the an animal nutrition sector whilst also expanding the business into new geographic regions.
The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025Hidde van der Wal
CEO of Barentz International
“The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025, in which we aim at acquiring strategic companies that also expand our reach geographically,” said Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz International. “Together we become stronger, expanding our ingredients portfolios, where especially Globe Ingredients' wide network of suppliers of high quality animal nutrition is of great value for Barentz. We are pleased that the current directors remain stakeholders and managers of the company.”
Globe Ingredients is an international trading company and distributor for feed, food and pharma, adhering to the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and FAMI-QS international quality systems developed for specialty feed ingredients. Most of the additives and ingredients, such as vitamins, amino-acids, proteins and minerals are sourced from suppliers worldwide, are stored in and distributed from the Netherlands.
In total Globe Ingredients has 16 employees operating from its four offices worldwide. The company will continue to be managed by its own dedicated and successful management team consisting of the directors Martijn Krijgsman and Frànk van Eeden. “Over the past years Globe Ingredients has grown significantly and through this partnership with Barentz we hope to be able to expand this growth, taking advantage of both our expertise,” said Krijgsman. “Globe Ingredients will benefit from the distribution network and expertise of Barentz while at the same time Barentz can spread its business worldwide in the sales and distribution of feed additives,” van Eeden added.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA and Asia Pacific region. The turnover for the Barentz group is expected to reach 1 billion euro in 2016.
Source(s): Barentz Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release