Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients
November 14 2016, David R BrownTweet
Barentz announces the acquisition of the majority shares in Globe Ingredients, a fast growing international raw material trader and distributor based in Holland, Serbia, China and Colombia. Globe Ingredients' core business is in vitamins and amino acids, mainly for the feed industry, which further strengthens Barentz' position in the an animal nutrition sector whilst also expanding the business into new geographic regions.
The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025Hidde van der Wal
CEO of Barentz International
“The opportunity to buy a majority share in Globe Ingredients fits perfect into Barentz Business Plan towards 2025, in which we aim at acquiring strategic companies that also expand our reach geographically,” said Hidde van der Wal, CEO of Barentz International. “Together we become stronger, expanding our ingredients portfolios, where especially Globe Ingredients' wide network of suppliers of high quality animal nutrition is of great value for Barentz. We are pleased that the current directors remain stakeholders and managers of the company.”
Globe Ingredients is an international trading company and distributor for feed, food and pharma, adhering to the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and FAMI-QS international quality systems developed for specialty feed ingredients. Most of the additives and ingredients, such as vitamins, amino-acids, proteins and minerals are sourced from suppliers worldwide, are stored in and distributed from the Netherlands.
In total Globe Ingredients has 16 employees operating from its four offices worldwide. The company will continue to be managed by its own dedicated and successful management team consisting of the directors Martijn Krijgsman and Frànk van Eeden. “Over the past years Globe Ingredients has grown significantly and through this partnership with Barentz we hope to be able to expand this growth, taking advantage of both our expertise,” said Krijgsman. “Globe Ingredients will benefit from the distribution network and expertise of Barentz while at the same time Barentz can spread its business worldwide in the sales and distribution of feed additives,” van Eeden added.
About Barentz International
The Barentz group (est. 1953) is an international leader in sales, marketing and distribution of high-quality ingredients. Operating in the food & nutrition, pharmaceutical, personal care and animal through its sales divisions and specialised, dedicated companies, Barentz has 750 employees and serves some 15,000 customers in over 60 countries worldwide. The company is still privately owned and has its head office close to Amsterdam in The Netherlands. With its heritage and focus on the European market, Barentz is also rapidly growing in the MEA and Asia Pacific region. The turnover for the Barentz group is expected to reach 1 billion euro in 2016.
Source(s): Barentz Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release