Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc.
October 13 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, has signed an agreement to acquire the lubricants business of NOCO Inc., headquartered in Tonawanda, New York, USA.
NOCO's geographic coverage makes this a perfect fit and a natural extension of our existing lubricants business in the Northeast region of the USAnthony Gerace
Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group
Markus Klähn, Member of the Management Board of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag North America: “NOCO's lubricants business ideally complements our lubricants business in New England, which we established last year with the acquisition of G.H. Berlin-Windward. We will be able to leverage existing infrastructure, add additional talent and solidify our leading market position.”
NOCO supplies high quality lubricant products to a broad range of industries in the Northeast region of the United States and parts of Ontario and Southern Quebec. The acquisition does not impact NOCO's energy distribution or retail businesses.
Anthony Gerace, Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group: “NOCO's geographic coverage makes this a perfect fit and a natural extension of our existing lubricants business in the Northeast region of the US. Furthermore, we are pleased to enter the Canadian lubricants market by acquiring an established distribution network operating in a major industrial region within the country.”
The business is expected to generate total sales of approximately USD 209 million in the financial year ending in 2016. Closing of the transaction is expected to occur in the course of the next weeks, subject to contractually agreed closing conditions.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release