Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc.
October 13 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, has signed an agreement to acquire the lubricants business of NOCO Inc., headquartered in Tonawanda, New York, USA.
NOCO's geographic coverage makes this a perfect fit and a natural extension of our existing lubricants business in the Northeast region of the USAnthony Gerace
Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group
Markus Klähn, Member of the Management Board of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag North America: “NOCO's lubricants business ideally complements our lubricants business in New England, which we established last year with the acquisition of G.H. Berlin-Windward. We will be able to leverage existing infrastructure, add additional talent and solidify our leading market position.”
NOCO supplies high quality lubricant products to a broad range of industries in the Northeast region of the United States and parts of Ontario and Southern Quebec. The acquisition does not impact NOCO's energy distribution or retail businesses.
Anthony Gerace, Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group: “NOCO's geographic coverage makes this a perfect fit and a natural extension of our existing lubricants business in the Northeast region of the US. Furthermore, we are pleased to enter the Canadian lubricants market by acquiring an established distribution network operating in a major industrial region within the country.”
The business is expected to generate total sales of approximately USD 209 million in the financial year ending in 2016. Closing of the transaction is expected to occur in the course of the next weeks, subject to contractually agreed closing conditions.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 23 Jun 2017 - Emeraude International acquire North American PVC resin distributor, Resin Technology »...Source: Resin Technology Press release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release