French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group
October 7 2016, David R BrownTweet
Lavollée has acquired the French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie. The takeover was motivated by synergies between the respective product portfolio's and customer bases as well the economical necessities posed by the challenges of REACH, EU Biocides Regulations and the future harmonization of nanomaterials registrations etc.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
Ballu Chimie was founded more than 40 years ago and is specialized in the distribution of ingredients for the Life Sciences industries. The company has a long-standing presence in China that has allowed to it to develop in to a significant player in the chemical market in France and in EU.
The acquisition is expected to provide to all the current principals of the two companies interesting opportunities for the future and adds an experienced and knowledgable sales team to the Lavollée Group.
About Lavollée SA
Founded more than 50 years ago, the Lavollée Group is a leading family-owned specialty ingredients distributor in France. The key markets of Lavollée Group are Life Sciences (Pharma, Personal Care, Food and F&F) and Industrial Markets (Coating, surface treatment, detergent, home care, lubricants, Polymers etc.). Lavollée is a founding Member of an alliance of independent specialty distributor called LEL. This unique model is offering to our existing and future Principals a European coverage with a local management in each EU countries. This model has proven to be a successful alternative to the large pan-European centralized model offered by multinational groups. In 2017 the Lavollée Group will generate more than EUR 50 million in revenues and employs 35 people - 20 of whom are chemical sales engineers.
Source(s): Lavollée Group Press release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 7 Oct 2016 - French specialty chemicals distributor, Ballu Chimie has been acquired by the Lavollée Group »...Source: Lavollée Group Press release
- 5 Oct 2016 - GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos »...Source: GTM press Release
- 3 Oct 2016 - Cencozotti strengthens its presence in the Andean Region with the acquisition of Columbia distributor, Insucolor »...Source: Cencozotti Press Release
- 21 Sep 2016 - GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico »...Source: GTM press Release