GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos
October 5 2016, David R BrownTweet
Leading pan-Latin American chemical distributor, GTM Holdings, SA (GTM), have acquired PeruquÍmicos S.A.C., the largest chemical distributor in Peru. Advent International, a global private equity investor and controlling shareholder of GTM, has provided equity financing to support the deal. The transaction marks Advent's first direct investment in Peru. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos further strengthens our presence in Peru and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platformMichael van Marle
Chairman and CEO of GTM
Founded in 1995, PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. specializes in the import, marketing, storage and distribution of chemical products. It is the largest chemical distributor in Peru distributing close to 100 products from almost 50 suppliers to more than 1,000 clients.
The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. enhances GTM's service capabilities in Peru and the rest of Latin America and is aligned with the company's growth strategy. GTM has an existing affiliate in Peru, Transmerquim of Peru, as well as operations in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama.
“The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. further strengthens our presence in Peru and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platform that offers a robust set of services to our customers across Latin America,” said Michael van Marle, Chairman and CEO of GTM. “Together, GTM and PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. provide our customers with a new option that integrates the experiences and quality of both companies in a portfolio of innovative products, technologies, services and solutions unique to Latin America.”
As GTM and PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. begin to integrate operations, each company will continue to operate under its current legal name and continue with normal business operations.
GTM was founded in 1983 in Guatemala. Since then, it has grown to become the second-largest distributor of chemical products in Latin America and today emplys around 520 people. GTM has an extensive distribution network and logistical infrastructure with more than 43 facilities in 12 countries throughout Latin America and has service supply offices in the United States, India, and China. All GTM facilities are certified by ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Source(s): GTM press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release