GTM acquires the largest chemical distributor in Peru, Peruquímicos
October 5 2016, David R BrownTweet
Leading pan-Latin American chemical distributor, GTM Holdings, SA (GTM), have acquired PeruquÍmicos S.A.C., the largest chemical distributor in Peru. Advent International, a global private equity investor and controlling shareholder of GTM, has provided equity financing to support the deal. The transaction marks Advent's first direct investment in Peru. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos further strengthens our presence in Peru and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platformMichael van Marle
Chairman and CEO of GTM
Founded in 1995, PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. specializes in the import, marketing, storage and distribution of chemical products. It is the largest chemical distributor in Peru distributing close to 100 products from almost 50 suppliers to more than 1,000 clients.
The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. enhances GTM's service capabilities in Peru and the rest of Latin America and is aligned with the company's growth strategy. GTM has an existing affiliate in Peru, Transmerquim of Peru, as well as operations in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama.
“The acquisition of PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. further strengthens our presence in Peru and supports our growth strategy of creating a leading regional platform that offers a robust set of services to our customers across Latin America,” said Michael van Marle, Chairman and CEO of GTM. “Together, GTM and PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. provide our customers with a new option that integrates the experiences and quality of both companies in a portfolio of innovative products, technologies, services and solutions unique to Latin America.”
As GTM and PeruquÍmicos S.A.C. begin to integrate operations, each company will continue to operate under its current legal name and continue with normal business operations.
GTM was founded in 1983 in Guatemala. Since then, it has grown to become the second-largest distributor of chemical products in Latin America and today emplys around 520 people. GTM has an extensive distribution network and logistical infrastructure with more than 43 facilities in 12 countries throughout Latin America and has service supply offices in the United States, India, and China. All GTM facilities are certified by ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Source(s): GTM press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Dec 2016 - IMCD acquires Turkish speciality chemical distributor Feza Kimya »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 19 Dec 2016 - Maroon adds Cadence Chemical as the Group pursues rapid U.S. expansion »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2016 - US specialty chemcials distributor, Pacific Coast Chemicals bought by Ravago Chemical »...Source: T H Hilson Press release
- 29 Nov 2016 - Safic-Alcan Opens Performance Products Division in Hungary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 14 Nov 2016 - Barentz acquires a majority stake in Globe Ingredients to strengthen its global position in feed ingredients »...Source: Barentz Press release
- 27 Oct 2016 - Brenntag adds to its specialty chemcials distribution business in Asia-Pacific »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 13 Oct 2016 - Brenntag extends its lubricants business platform in Northeast America by acquiring division of NOCO Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release