GTM completes the acquisition of High Chem Specialties, Mexico
September 21 2016, David R BrownTweet
GTM Holdings, SA (GTM), one of the leading chemical distributors in Latin America, has received approval from the Mexican competition authorities (COFECE) to complete the acquisition of High Chem Specialties Mexico, S.A. de C.V., a distributor of specialty chemicals serving the construction, coatings, plastics and adhesives industries, amongst others. Global private equity investor, Advent International is the controlling shareholder of GTM and provided equity to help finance the acquisition.
The acquisition of High Chem Specialties supports our vision of creating a leading regional platform for GTM's integrated services in the AmericasMichael van Marle
Chairman and CEO of GTM
High Chem Specialties was founded in 2002, and today, is one of the most recognized distribution companies focused on the specialty chemicals industry in Mexico. In 2015, the company generated sales of approximately US$40 million. High Chem serves the Mexican market and also exports to Central America and the Caribbean from its four facilities in Mexico City, Guadalajara, Monterrey and Tijuana, and from its warehouses in Veracruz, Merida, Chihuahua and León.
The acquisition enhances GTM's service capabilities in Mexico and the rest of Latin America and is aligned with the company’s strategy to offer a robust line of products and services to its customers.
“The acquisition of High Chem Specialties supports our vision of creating a leading regional platform for GTM's integrated services in the Americas”, said Michael van Marle, Chairman and CEO of GTM. “The strengths of both organizations will translate into synergies as well as a more robust and complete offering of products, value added services and innovative solutions for customers in Mexico and in other markets where GTM is present.”
High Chem Specialties and GTM México, an existing GTM affiliate in the country, are now in the proces of integrating their operations.
GTM was founded in 1983 in Guatemala. Since then, it has grown to become the second-largest distributor of chemical products in Latin America and today emplys around 520 people. GTM has an extensive distribution network and logistical infrastructure with more than 43 facilities in 12 countries throughout Latin America and has service supply offices in the United States, India, and China. All GTM facilities are certified by ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Source(s): GTM press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Feb 2017 - Brenntag strengthens its blending and packaging capabilities in the USA by acquiring Petra Industries »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 17 Jan 2017 - Azelis expands in the US Personal Care market with the acquisition of Ross Organic »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 10 Jan 2017 - GTM agrees to acquire quantiQ in Brazil, creating a leading chemical distribution platform in Latin America »...Source: GTM press Release
- 8 Jan 2017 - EMCO Chemical Distributors Canada Ltd. buys Inortech Chimie Inc. »...Source: Emco Distributors Press Release
- 5 Jan 2017 - Stockmeier Group acquires an equity interest in Austrian-based distributor, HDS-Chemie »...Source: Stockmeier Press Release
- 4 Jan 2017 - Azelis opens its 2nd African subsidiary in the Ivory Coast »...Source: Azelis Press Release