Fecc elects new members and officials to its Board of Directors
June 1 2014, David R BrownTweet
At the General Assembly Meeting of the European Association of Chemical Distributors ( Fecc) on 26 May, 2014 in Rome, Fecc members unanimously elected Chairman of the Cornelius Group Neville Prior (right), as its new president. Dr. Prior succeeds Mr. Edgar E. Nordmann (left), Managing Partner of Nordmann Rassmann. At the same time Mr. François-Xavier Du Passage representing the French Association (UFCC) was elected as Fecc Vice President. Mr. Peter Skou, Managing Director from the R2 Group, was re-elected as Fecc Treasurer for a new two year period.
You can count on my dedication, experience, creativity and commitment to our industryDr. Neville Prior, new FECC President
Dr. Prior is member of the Fecc Board since 2009, and has been Fecc's Vice-president for the past year, and has played a key role in the success of our association. Speaking about his appointment Dr. Prior commented, “Our previous president has done an outstanding job; I can assure you that you can count on my dedication, experience, creativity and commitment to our industry and the development of our association”.
Frank Schneider, Managing Director IMCD Germany & Business Group Director Coatings and David Jukes President - EMEA Univar were appointed by the Fecc General Assembly as members of the Fecc Board. Thorsten Harke, President, Harke Group continues to be part of the Fecc Board representing the German Association Fecc.
During the Gala Dinner celebrated during the organisation's Annual Congress in Rome, the leading event for the European chemical distribution industry, Fecc grant past President Edgar E. Nordmann the Fecc Award for 2014 and conferred on him the title of Honorary President. Fecc's newly elected President Neville Prior, commented on the occasion; &ldquoThere are four essentials to successful leadership: humility, clarity, integrity and courage. I believe that these are but some of the many qualities that Edgar has demonstrated during his many years of service to this industry.”.
About the FECC
Fecc is the voice of the Chemical Distribution industry in Europe. With a growing membership of companies and national associations, Fecc represents around 1,700 companies of which many are small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). The Chemical Distribution industry in Europe employs around 30,000 people, at over 1,300 sites handling 22 million tonnes shipped, with an industry turnover of approximately €26 billion. For more information contact: Camila Diaz, Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 (0)2 679 02 60
Source(s): FECC Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release