Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading
December 13 2018, David R BrownTweet
Rehau Verwaltungszentrale AG, the holding company of plastics processor Rehau GmbH (Muri, Switzerland), has completed the acquisition of MB Barter & Trading AG ('MBT Group' or 'MBT') based in Steinhausen, Switzerland and its worldwide subsidiaries, following approval by the relevant competion authorities.
Attention chemical distributors! Please send us your press releases or breaking news to:Editorial Team
Rehau GmbH and its subsidiaries will gradually merge their businesses with the acquired MBT companies and a joint market launch under a new name is planned for the first half of 2019. The new business is expected to have sales volumes of around USD 2.5 billion. The vertical integration combines REHAU's decades of experience in materials, processes and applications with MB Barter & Trading's expertise in the trading and distribution of polyolefins, PET, PVC, styrenics, rubbers and masterbatches.
The new joint company will be led by a three person Executive Team, with Dr. Stefan Girschik as CEO, Philipp Endres as Deputy CEO and Marco Zahnd as CFO. The Board of Directors will have Jobst Wagner (currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of REHAU Group) and Thomas Endres (currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of MBT) as members.
About MB Barter & Trading AG
Established in 1982, MB Barter & Trading AG (MBT) is a global, Swiss, family-owned company for high-quality commodity polymers, PET and rubber with 30 offices worldwide employing more than 250 people. MBT maintains a service culture guided by trust, reliability and integrity, and puts high emphasis on building long-term and sustainable relationships with customers and suppliers. In recent years the company has adopted a vertical diversification strategy investing in downstream production lines including MBT PolyTapes GmbH and Re-Pack Folien GmbH – both manufacturers of high quality PE-based protective films.
Source(s): Rehau Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release