Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million
November 15 2018, David R BrownTweet
Keppel Infrastructure Trust (KIT) has annouced that it is to acquire Australian chemical distributor and manufacturer Ixom HoldCo Pty Ltd for AUD 777 million (about USD 565 million) in a deal that values the business at AUD 1.1 billion (about USD 799.5 million). The acquisition is expected to be completed in Q1 2019, subject to necessary approvals, including from the Australian Foreign Investment Review Board and the New Zealand Overseas Investment Office.
Ixom Group's business model is aligned with KIT's investment strategy to acquire industrial infrastructure assets that generate long-term stable cash flowsMatthew Pollard
CEO Keppel Infrastructure Fund Management Pte. Ltd.
The deal was made with the management shareholders and funds from Blackstone Group, who paid AUD 750 million (about USD 751.43 million) for the business back in 2014, which was then part of Orica.
Ixom, with its subsidiaries Ixom Group, manufactures and distributes water treatment products, as well as specialty chemicals for industries including agriculture, mining, and construction. Its facilities are located in Australia and New Zealand, with dedicated third party bulk tankers in selected regions.
“The chemicals that Ixom manufactures and distributes are needed for daily life and many business,” said KIFM CEO Matthew Pollard. “It is also a sector we are familiar with given KIT uses many of the major chemicals manufactured and distributed by Ixom in our water desalination and wastewater treatment assets. The Ixom Group's business model is aligned with KIT's investment strategy to acquire industrial infrastructure assets that generate long-term stable cash flows with potential growth. Ixom’s value proposition extends our capabilities into the water treatment chemicals sector in Australia and New Zealand”
The acquisition will be funded through a bridge facility of up to SGD 750 million (about US$544.8 million) and a five-year senior term loan of AUD 532 million (about USD 386 million). KIT also intends to later repay the debt from proceeds raised through an equity fundraising, which nature and timing will be decided at a later date. Sponsor Keppel Infrastructure Holdings, which is wholly owned by Keppel Corp, has undertaken to take part in the equity fund-raising to maintain its 18.2%.
About Keppel Infrastructure Trust (KIT)
Keppel Infrastructure Trust (KIT) is a Singapore-listed business trust that provides investors with the opportunity to invest in a large and well-diversified portfolio of core infrastructure assets located in jurisdictions with well-developed legal frameworks that support infrastructure investment. The Trust aims to provide long-term, regular and sustainable distributions to its Unitholders.
Source(s): KIT Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 2 Mar 2019 - UK specialty chemical distributors Chemlink and Addi-Tec join the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Chemlink Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Further Growth sees opening of German Office for Yordas Group »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease
- 19 Nov 2018 - Aspo's Telko Oy acquires Danish polymer distributor H H plastkombi a/s »...Source: Telko Press Release
- 15 Nov 2018 - Singapore's Keppel acquires Australian Chemical firm Ixom from Blackstone for AUD 777 million »...Source: KIT Press Release
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release