Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc.
July 12 2018, David R BrownTweet
The Charkit Chemical Company of Norwalk, CT, a subsidiary of LBB Specialties LLC, has acquired the assets of ChayseChem, Inc., a North American distributor of fine chemicals and custom manufactured intermediates and APIs to the life sciences, agrochemicals and specialty chemical industries.
We are looking for companies that would fall into the 'tuck-in' category (up to USD 50m), as well as larger businesses in the range of USD 100m which would become platform companies along with Charkit and AICCharles Hinnant
President of of both Charkit and LBB Specialties
ChayseChem was established in 2010 as a privately held distributor representing manufacturing partners in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Since that time, ChayseChem has served as a distributor for Framochem KFT, a Hungarian-based Vandemark company that specializes in the manufacture of a wide range of phosgene derivatives, including acid chlorides, carbonates, and other fine chemicals. With this transaction, Charkit has acquired the North American distribution rights for Framochem products and other materials represented by ChayseChem, as well as access to ChayseChem's ISO9001-certified custom API manufacturing services.
Charles Hinnant, President of of both Charkit and LBB Specialties, stated, “This acquisition, along with new supplier relationships, is further evidence of how our expansion forms the cornerstone of the LBB Specialties growth strategy. We are looking for companies that would fall into the 'tuck-in' category (up to USD 50m), as well as larger businesses in the range of USD 100m which would become platform companies along with Charkit and AIC. Of particular interest are companies with a large brand identity and owners who are not quite ready to retire and want to manage the growth of their individual brands under the auspices of LBB.”
Chris Klumph, formerly Vice President of Business Development at ChayseChem, will be joining the Charkit sales organisation. Chris will be providing sales support for both the existing Charkit product library and the new products and services added by the ChayseChem acquisition.
About Charkit Chemical Company
Founded in 1982 by its President, Charles Hinnant, Charkit Chemical Company LLC offers a wide range of high-demand products to customers in the personal care, food, flavor & fragrance, water treatment, imaging, metal treatment, nutritional, pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals markets. For companies that require customized specialty chemical solutions, Charkit also provides custom sourcing, manufacturing, technical assistance and product development services through its partners. In 2017, Charkit received an equity investment from LeBaronBrown Industries LLC and became a subsidiary of LBB Specialties LLC. With the acquisition of American International Chemical LLC (AIC) in 2018, LBB Specialties' annual sales surpassed USD 200 million, further validating the company's position as a leader in the North American specialty chemical and ingredients distribution industry.
Source(s): Charkit Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release