Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited
August 10 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis, a leading distributor of speciality chemicals and food ingredients, has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of P-K Chemicals Limited, an Irish distributor of food ingredients and chemicals. This is Azelis' third acquisition in the EMEA region this year, following two in 2017 and one in 2016. The transaction is expected to complete within three months.
With the acquisition of P-K, we establish a strong physical footprint in IrelandAnna Bertona
Azelis EMEA CEO
Anna Bertona, Azelis EMEA CEO, comments: “With the acquisition of P-K, we establish a strong physical footprint in Ireland. There is an excellent strategic fit and we are excited by the opportunity we now have for further growth in this market. P-K will provide us with an improved product offering and customer reach with a potential to cross-sell. We welcome Graeme and his team to the Azelis family.”
The acquisition of P-K enables Azelis to extend its market presence in Ireland in both in life sciences and industrial chemicals. Besides food ingredients, P-K also distributes speciality chemicals for pharmaceuticals, healthcare, CASE and other non-food manufacturing. Sales are mostly generated in the Republic of Ireland.
Kevin Tobin, P-K's majority shareholder and Director, adds: “I am very proud of what we have achieved in the last 30 years, having gradually grown the company to where it is today. I am convinced that this will only strengthen P-K and the company will continue to thrive under the ownership of Azelis and that our principals, customers, employees and other partners are in very good hands.”
All current employees of P-K Chemicals will be joining the Azelis team headed by P-K's General Manager, Graeme Locke, who will become Managing Director Azelis Ireland.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor providing a diverse range of innovative products and services. Dedicated teams serve customers in the following industries: Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. The Group has a turnover of around EUR 1.8 billion and employs around 1,800 people located in more than 60 facilities in over 40 countries across the EMEA, Asia Pacific and Americas regions.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease