Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi
May 17 2018, David R BrownTweet
Azelis has announced it has signed an agreement to acquire Ingredi AB, effective immediately. Ingredi is a distributor of raw materials and ingredients for the Swedish food and health industry operating from a sales office in Sjöfartshuset in Gamla Stan, Stockholm.
We are excited about this acquisition as Ingredi’s product portfolio is very complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food businessGert Schnoor
Azelis Managing Director Nordic
The company has more than 25 years of experience in consulting, sales, stockholding and distribution of ingredients to these industries. Ingredi offers a broad quality assortment focusing on natural functional ingredients with "clean labeling" and organic raw materials.
Gert Schnoor, Azelis Managing Director Nordic, comments on the deal: “We are excited about this acquisition as Ingredi’s product portfolio is very complementary to the current Azelis Nordic Food business. Together we will cover the main food applications markets, such as bakery, confectionery, health food and meat & fish.”
Fredrik Wollin, currently CEO at Ingredi, adds: “Azelis and Ingredi share the same values as well as focus on innovation, value creation and growth through partnerships with carefully selected partners. We are truly satisfied with the deal, since it clearly opens up new opportunities. We will become a part of a larger, strong, international organisation that offers greater development opportunities on many fronts. With the new setup we can offer a much wider product portfolio and know-how to our customers.”
Fredrik Wollin will continue his work in Azelis, mainly dedicated to serving customers in Sweden.
Azelis is a leading global speciality chemicals and food ingredients distributor providing a diverse range of innovative products and services. Dedicated teams serve customers in the following industries: Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health, Animal Nutrition, Specialty Agri/Horti, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning, CASE (coatings, adhesives, sealants & elastomers), Chemicals, Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids and Rubber & Plastic Additives. The Group has a turnover of around EUR 1.8 billion and employs around 1,800 people located in more than 60 facilities in over 40 countries across the EMEA, Asia Pacific and Americas regions.
Source(s): Azelis Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 20 May 2019 - Safic-Alcan opens a new subsidiary in Greece »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 13 May 2019 - Krahn Chemie acquires eMBe Products & Service »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 1 May 2019 - Brenntag expands its value-added services offering in the USA by acquiring Marlin Company »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Oqema group acquires Italian chemical distributor Elettrochimica Valle Staffora (EVS) »...Source: Oqema Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Sumitomo acquires a majority stake in SACI-CFPA (SACI), a Paris-based cosmetic ingredients distributor »...Source: Sumitomo Press Release
- 1 Apr 2019 - Pietro Carini changes its name to Krahn Italia »...Source: Krahn Chemie Group Press Release
- 29 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires Luigi & Felice Castelli and a majority stake in Castelli Food »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 22 Mar 2019 - Chemlink Specialities Ltd and Addi-Tec Ltd are now part of the HARKE GROUP »...Source: Harke Press Release
- 18 Mar 2019 - Safic-Alcan acquires UK-based specialty chemicals distributor, Langley-Smith & Company »...Source: Safic Alcan Press Release
- 14 Mar 2019 - Brenntag buys a 51% stake in Singapore-based supply chain solutions leader, TEEHAI »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 12 Mar 2019 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Canada through the acquisition of Chemroy »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 4 Mar 2019 - Brenntag acquires regional US specialty chemicals distributor New England Resins & Pigments Corporation »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Aceto to divest chemical and ingredient distribution assets because of bankruptcy »...Source: Aceto Press release
- 1 Mar 2019 - Univar completes acquisition of Nexeo Solutions and re-launches as Univar Solutions »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 1 Mar 2019 - STOCKMEIER acquires the industrial chemicals division of Spanish distributor, Indukern »...Source: Stockmeier Press release
- 28 Feb 2019 - Azelis buys MK Ingredients & Specialties to strengthen its position in the Indian food segment »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 Feb 2019 - Univar and Nexeo Solutions to divest Nexeo's plastics distribution business to One Rock Capital Partners »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 22 Jan 2019 - Regulatory consulting services Yordas Group expands with the opening of German office »...Source: Yordas Press Release
- 17 Jan 2019 - Azelis acquires Polish flavours distributor Euroconsultant Sp.zoo »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jan 2019 - Brenntag strengthens US lubricants business by acquiring the lubricants division of Reeder Distributors, Inc. »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in the Canadian Life Science markets by acquiring Pachem Distribution »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2018 - Azelis increases its pharma presence in Italy through the acquisition of Deafarma S.r.l. »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - Rehau completes acquisition of commodity polymer supplier MB Barter & Trading »...Source: Rehau Group Press Release
- 13 Dec 2018 - HARKE Pharma and Hulshof Protein Technologies joint forces in the sales of beef proteins in Europe »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 1 Dec 2018 - Ravago Chemicals acquires global chemical distribution and trading company, KH Chemicals »...Source: Ravago Chemicals Press Rlease