The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France
February 1 2018, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg, Germany-based Krahn Chemie has acquired Memolex SAS, a French distributor of plastic additives operating in France and Benelux. A new subsidiary has also been established, Krahn France SAS, thus formally extending the Krahn Chemie Group's European network to France. Besides Germany, the Group already has subsidiaries in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland and Romania. The new Krahn France team will be operating from the former Memolex site, which is located in Milly-la-Forêt close to Paris.
This strategically important acquisition gives us as Krahn Group now the opportunity to expand in the French marketAxel Sebbesse
Managing Director of the Krahn Chemie Group
“This strategically important acquisition gives us as Krahn Group now the opportunity to expand in the French market. Based on the successful business the Memolex team has established over the last years, we are proud of getting the chance to further developing these activities. I am very happy that we as Krahn Group can, from now on, also in the French market offer our partners the same Krahn service they already know from other countries”, says Axel Sebbesse, Managing Director of the Krahn Chemie group.
“The new affiliation with the Krahn Group provides us with a strong and solid basis for our future business development. I am delighted to be now part of a group which also strongly believes that a deep industry and market knowledge is the key to create value for both our customers and suppliers”, says Franck Louichon, who established the PVC Additives business at Memolex in 1992 and has now joined the management team of Krahn France.
Memolex, founded in 1986, focusses on the sales and distribution of plastic additives in the French market by representing renowned international suppliers. Like Krahn, Memolex pursues a strong technical sales approach and maintains close relationships to its French customers. The former Memolex team has been transferred to Krahn France so that a smooth continuation and the ongoing development of the business is ensured.
About Krahn Chemie
Krahn Chemie is a chemical distribution company with a history spanning over 100 years. Krahn's core competence is the sales, marketing and distribution of specialty chemicals. The Krahn group offers its more than 5,000 customers an extensive and high-quality product range, technical services as well as in-house laboratory support. Krahn works closely together with internationally operating chemical manufacturers. They benefit from the target-oriented and sustainable marketing of their products in Europe – based on Kah'’s deep knowledge of the local markets. Krahn supplies products to the following processing industries: paints and coatings, construction chemicals, adhesives and sealants, technical ceramics, plastics, rubber and lubricants. In 2016, the Krahn Chemie group achieved a turnover of approximately 220 million euros and currently employs a staff of 160. The company's headquarters are situated in Germany.
Source(s): Krahn Chemie Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release