Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals
January 3 2018, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan UK, a major distributor of specialty chemicals and subsidiary of the Safic-Alcan Group, announces that it has acquired 100% of Techform Fine Chemicals Limited, a chemical distributor specializing in the construction sector in United Kingdom and Ireland.
The acquisition of Techform will enable us to strengthen our footprint in the construction sectorYann Lissillour
Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for Safic-Alcan
“The acquisition of Techform will enable us to strengthen our footprint in the construction sector and widen our Group expertise in this field,&rdquo stated Yann Lissillour, Director of Mergers and Acquisitions for Safic-Alcan.
Techform Fine Chemicals Limited was founded in 2003 and is located in Stafford, UK. The company distributes a wide range of polymers, thickeners, accelerators, retarders, shrinkage compensators, defoamers, air entrainers, plasticizers, binders, as well as a specialty additives under its private label name, focusing mainly on the drymix sector of the construction industry. Mike Strong, Director of Techform Fine Chemicals Limited will be continuing in a consultancy role to support customers and suppliers during a transition period.
&ldquoAs part of our overall C.A.S.E. strategy, we see this acquisition as a stepping stone in the UK market and we look forward to further building on this additional expertise within SaficAlcan,” concluded Philippe Combette, CEO of Safic-Alcan.
Safic-Alcan is a leading, independent distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense, France. The company supplies a wide range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the USA and Mexico. The Company employs 517 people worldwide and generated a turnover of EUR 508 million in 2016.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release