Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions
November 24 2017, David R BrownTweet
European chemicals distributor Overlack AG (Mönchengladbach, Germany) has announced that its changing its name to OQEMA to better reflect its ambitions for growth across Europe. The new name was chosen for its modern appeal and good memorabilty, Co-CEO Peter Overlack recently explained in an interview with CHEManager.
The newly-named OQEMA will be a very powerful force in European chemical distributionHeinrich Eickmann
co-CEO of OQEMA
The decision to rebrand was taken in order to express the Group's future vision which includes further expanding its position as one of the leading distributors for specialities, commodities and services throughout Europe, and externally presenting all Group companies in a homogenous way. Behind the vision lies a twin growth strategy: expanding via investment in acquisitions, especially in European countries where the Group is not currently active, and also organically by continuously expanding their product and service portfolio.
“We are very excited by the opportunities that lie ahead of us!” said Heinrich Eickmann, CEO of Overlack. “The newly-named OQEMA will be a very powerful force in European chemical distribution.”
The new name OQEMA was constructed using the 'O' from Overlack, in recognition of the Group's history, and 'QEM' representing chemistry, with the 'Q' being used to give personality and a sense of uniqueness.
OQEMA will remain a family-owned company and the Group's internal structures are unaffected by the change. The change of name will be formally adopted on 1st January 2018.
About Overlack AG
The group, which was originally founded in 1992, today comprises 20 companies operating in 17 countries across Europe. It has a staff of around 900 employees and an annual turnover of EUR 653 million in 2016. Although family controlled, the group went for additional growth capital from private finance provider Hannover Finanz (Hanover, Germany) in 2015, in order to finance the acquisitions of K.H. Klink Chemierohstoffe GmbH in Germany and Lansdowne Chemical plc in the UK.
Source(s): CHEManager article
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release