Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region
December 8 2017, David R BrownTweet
Univar Inc. has announced it is to acquire Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals, a division of the Kemetyl Group, through its wholly owned subsidiaries in Sweden (Univar AB) and Norway (Univar AS). Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals generates annual revenues of approximately USD 30 million and is one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the Nordic region as well as providing bulk and specialty chemicals, such as isopropanol, glycols, metal salts, minerals and polyacrylamides. The acquisition is expected to close in early 2018.
The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distributionSteve Newlin
Chairman and CEO of Univar
“The Nordic region is at the forefront of global R&D when it comes to life sciences, which makes this agreement a smart and strategic move to build our customer base and enhance our market expertise. This acquisition will allow Univar to expand its leading position in pharma and strengthen its expertise in water treatment,” said Steve Newlin, Univar's chairman and chief executive officer. “The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distribution. Kemetyl's commitment to offering recycled products and reducing greenhouse gas emissions is in-step with Univar's global commit”
“We are very satisfied with the development of Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals over the past several years. In our ambition to further focus our business around consumer chemicals, this divestiture is a logical step to ensure that our industrial customers continue to get the level of service and expertise they deserve,”" says Ketil Stave, Kemetyl Group's chairman of the board.
In recent years Kemetyl has shifted its focus away from being a distributor that delivered mainly commodities from point to point. The Company's model now includes a more diversified portfolio of sustainable products with 4 own production sites and several contractor sites. Kemetyl targets segments where technical sales, industry expertise and value-added services are highly regarded and often requested by customers.
Founded in 1924, Univar (NYSE: UNVR) is a global chemical and ingredients distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2016, Univar reported reveues of $8.1 billion.
About Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals
Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals is among the leading distributors of chemical products in the Nordic region and one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the region, including Sekundol, the division's own brand. Sekundol is a competitive, sustainable and innovative product that is used as a carbon source in the wastewater treatment process and is derived from recycled ethanol from the pharmaceutical industry.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release