Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region
December 8 2017, David R BrownTweet
Univar Inc. has announced it is to acquire Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals, a division of the Kemetyl Group, through its wholly owned subsidiaries in Sweden (Univar AB) and Norway (Univar AS). Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals generates annual revenues of approximately USD 30 million and is one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the Nordic region as well as providing bulk and specialty chemicals, such as isopropanol, glycols, metal salts, minerals and polyacrylamides. The acquisition is expected to close in early 2018.
The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distributionSteve Newlin
Chairman and CEO of Univar
“The Nordic region is at the forefront of global R&D when it comes to life sciences, which makes this agreement a smart and strategic move to build our customer base and enhance our market expertise. This acquisition will allow Univar to expand its leading position in pharma and strengthen its expertise in water treatment,” said Steve Newlin, Univar's chairman and chief executive officer. “The demand for sustainable development in the chemical industry is greater than ever and a true circular responsibility is the future of chemical and ingredient distribution. Kemetyl's commitment to offering recycled products and reducing greenhouse gas emissions is in-step with Univar's global commit”
“We are very satisfied with the development of Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals over the past several years. In our ambition to further focus our business around consumer chemicals, this divestiture is a logical step to ensure that our industrial customers continue to get the level of service and expertise they deserve,”" says Ketil Stave, Kemetyl Group's chairman of the board.
In recent years Kemetyl has shifted its focus away from being a distributor that delivered mainly commodities from point to point. The Company's model now includes a more diversified portfolio of sustainable products with 4 own production sites and several contractor sites. Kemetyl targets segments where technical sales, industry expertise and value-added services are highly regarded and often requested by customers.
Founded in 1924, Univar (NYSE: UNVR) is a global chemical and ingredients distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2016, Univar reported reveues of $8.1 billion.
About Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals
Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals is among the leading distributors of chemical products in the Nordic region and one of the largest suppliers of industrial grade alcohols in the region, including Sekundol, the division's own brand. Sekundol is a competitive, sustainable and innovative product that is used as a carbon source in the wastewater treatment process and is derived from recycled ethanol from the pharmaceutical industry.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release