Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited
October 30 2017, David R BrownTweet
Global chemical distributor Caldic B.V. has announced it is to acquire Elastomerics Limited, a specialty chemicals distributor based in Macclesfield, UK, through its subsidiary, Caldic UK Ltd. Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the Coatings, Plastics & Rubber, and Adhesives & Sealants industries and the acquisition will strengthen Caldic's product portfolio and service capabilities in the UK.
The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus marketsPhilip Robinson
Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited
“The Elastomerics product portfolio perfectly complements our existing business by expanding our speciality product offering and gives us a much stronger presence in our focus markets”, says Philip Robinson, Managing Director of Caldic UK Limited. “Whilst we already have business in these markets, this acquisition enables us to offer a comprehensive portfolio to our customers, backed up by the excellent service and technical expertise of the Elastomerics team”.
Gordon Cook, former owner and Managing Director of Elastomerics Limited, adds: “I am delighted to have reached this agreement with Caldic. The customer focus and service orientation of both companies make it a perfect fit, and I am confident that the business will continue to go from strength to strength under Caldic's leadership”.
In the UK, Caldic has a strong presence in base chemicals, which are being supplied from its distribution centres in Chesterfield (Derbyshire) and Melton Mowbray (Leicestershire). Caldic UK also has established Speciality Chemicals and Food Ingredients Divisions and also offers solutions in Health and Personal Care, Refinery Chemicals, and other Industrial markets.
About Caldic UK Ltd
Caldic UK Limited, which has its Head Office in Chesterfield (Derbyshire, Great Britain), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldic B.V., a specialty chemicals distributor headquartered in Rotterdam. The Caldic group, which was established in 1970, has sales revenue in excess of €800 million, operates 42 sites in 17 different countries spread across Europe, Asia and North America and counts approximately 1100 employees. The group has a strong presence in Food Ingredients and Speciality chemicals, as well as Industrial chemicals.
About Elastomerics Ltd
Founded in 1981 by Gordon Cook, Elastomerics specialises in the distribution of polymers and additives to the rubber, plastics, coatings and adhesives & sealants industries. The company had revenues of over EUR 25 million in 2016 and 11 employees.
Source(s): Caldic Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release