Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical
September 20 2017, David R BrownTweet
Maroon Group LLC has acquired Seidler Chemical, a specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor based in Newark, New Jersey. Seidler's management team, led by Richard and Martha Seidler, will remain in place and continue to actively manage the business. Maroon Group is owned by CI Capital Partners and Maroon Group's management. This is Maroon Group's seventh add-on acquisition under CI Capital's ownership. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end marketsMark E. Reichard
President & CEO of Maroon Group
Established in 1896, Seidler Chemical supplies specialty chemicals and ingredients and value-add services to the pharmaceutical, high-purity electronic, industrial, and food and beverage industries.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with Rich, Martha, and their team and welcome a company with a 120-year history to Maroon Group,” said Mark E. Reichard, President & CEO of Maroon Group. “This acquisition allows us to expand our value-add service offering and build additional scale in attractive end markets,” Reichard added.
“We're excited to be part of an organization like Maroon Group that shares our focus on customer success,” commented Rich Seidler, President of Seidler Chemical. “Providing stability for our employees, customers, and suppliers was a priority when Martha and I set out on this course. Maroon has a proven track record of success as it relates to acquiring businesses like Seidler. They understand the importance of servicing the customer, continue to invest in acquired companies, and have a thoughtful approach to integration. Maroon Group was the right partner to continue the legacy of our family's company.”
About Maroon Group LLC
Founded in 1977, Maroon Group LLC is one of the fastest growing specialty chemical distributors in North America with revenues of USD 235 million in 2016. Based in Avon, Ohio, Maroon supplies specialty additives, ingredients, resins and pigments to manufacturers focused on plastics, rubber, CASE, composites and now life science markets. Maroon Group's portfolio of companies includes Maroon, Lincoln Fine Ingredients, Cadence Chemical, U.S. Chemicals, CNX Distribution, D.B. Becker, Addipel, and Polyram US.The company continues to aggressively explore opportunities to form partnerships with proven entrepreneurs that have built sustainable, successful companies.
Source(s): Maroon Group Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release