Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group
September 19 2017, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg-headquartered, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH (NRC) has announced that it has acquired 100% of the shares in Melrob Group Holdings Ltd. (Melrob) of Crawley, UK. The acquisition includes all of Melrob's subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Spain and the USA.
Acquiring Melrob not only represents a strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North AmericaDr. Gerd Bergmann
Managing Director of Nordmann, Rassmann Gmbh
“Acquiring Melrob not only represents the wide-reaching and strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North America,” explains Managing Director Dr. Gerd Bergmann.
Japan has a special position in Nordmann, Rassmann's newly expanded geographic presence, as the company has had very successful partnerships with well-known suppliers there for decades. “We are especially excited to be acquiring our own subsidiary in the Japanese market and thereby be able to take advantage of new business contacts and opportunities,” Dr. Bergmann added. “On the one hand, this acquisition is the result of our continued pursuit of Nordmann, Rassmann's growth strategy. On the other, and through our now complete European and global presence – which gives the whole NRC Group a markedly higher level of visibility on the international market – we're reaching yet another one of our strategic goals.”
Through the takeover, Nordmann, Rassmann will be acquiring new and important points of access to the markets for industrial chemicals as well as monomers. The Hamburg-based distributor will also be gaining another unique selling point due to Melrob's work in the biomaterials sector.
About Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH
Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH was founded in 1912 and belongs to Georg Nordmann Holding AG. Based in Hamburg, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH is the head of The NRC Group and distributes natural and chemical raw materials, additives and specialty chemicals while providing corresponding application-related know-how. The NRC Group has 16 locations throughout Europe and a staff of 330 employees*. With a portfolio of complementary products for all industry sectors, The NRC Group represents manufacturers of raw materials from across the globe and in 2016 achieved a turnover of approximately EUR 350 million.
*European offices located in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Germany (headquarters), Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scandinavia, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.
About Melrob Group Holdings Ltd
Melrob is a specialty chemical distribution company headquartered in the UK with operations in Asia, North America and Europe. The portfolio focuses on the Performance Chemicals, Life Sciences and Bio Materials sectors including the synthesis of Specialty Monomers for the contact lens industry. Long term relationships with both customers and suppliers underpin the Group business success. In 2016 Melrob employed 87 personnel and generated sales revenues of GBP 58 million.
Source(s): Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 14 Nov 2018 - IMCD completes the acquisition of Indian specialty chemicals distributor Aroma »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 31 Oct 2018 - VELOX Composites announces strategic distribution partnership with Ashland for Sweden, Norway and Denmark »...Source: VELOX Press Release
- 23 Oct 2018 - Medichem and HARKE GROUP announce collaboration in DACH region »...Source: Harke Group Press Release
- 11 Oct 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie France strengthens French distribution business with the acquisition of Acanthe »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 25 Sep 2018 - Caldic boosts operations in West Coast, USA by acquiring food ingredients distributor, Cooperative Purchasers »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 13 Sep 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its specialty chemicals platform in Africa by acquiring distributor Desbro Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 6 Sep 2018 - Indukern has acquired French ingredient company Diffusions Aromatiques SAS »...Source: Indukern Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 16 Aug 2018 - Brenntag acquires Belgium-based, specialty chemicals distributor Alphamin »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release