Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group
September 19 2017, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg-headquartered, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH (NRC) has announced that it has acquired 100% of the shares in Melrob Group Holdings Ltd. (Melrob) of Crawley, UK. The acquisition includes all of Melrob's subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Spain and the USA.
Acquiring Melrob not only represents a strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North AmericaDr. Gerd Bergmann
Managing Director of Nordmann, Rassmann Gmbh
“Acquiring Melrob not only represents the wide-reaching and strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North America,” explains Managing Director Dr. Gerd Bergmann.
Japan has a special position in Nordmann, Rassmann's newly expanded geographic presence, as the company has had very successful partnerships with well-known suppliers there for decades. “We are especially excited to be acquiring our own subsidiary in the Japanese market and thereby be able to take advantage of new business contacts and opportunities,” Dr. Bergmann added. “On the one hand, this acquisition is the result of our continued pursuit of Nordmann, Rassmann's growth strategy. On the other, and through our now complete European and global presence – which gives the whole NRC Group a markedly higher level of visibility on the international market – we're reaching yet another one of our strategic goals.”
Through the takeover, Nordmann, Rassmann will be acquiring new and important points of access to the markets for industrial chemicals as well as monomers. The Hamburg-based distributor will also be gaining another unique selling point due to Melrob's work in the biomaterials sector.
About Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH
Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH was founded in 1912 and belongs to Georg Nordmann Holding AG. Based in Hamburg, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH is the head of The NRC Group and distributes natural and chemical raw materials, additives and specialty chemicals while providing corresponding application-related know-how. The NRC Group has 16 locations throughout Europe and a staff of 330 employees*. With a portfolio of complementary products for all industry sectors, The NRC Group represents manufacturers of raw materials from across the globe and in 2016 achieved a turnover of approximately EUR 350 million.
*European offices located in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Germany (headquarters), Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scandinavia, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.
About Melrob Group Holdings Ltd
Melrob is a specialty chemical distribution company headquartered in the UK with operations in Asia, North America and Europe. The portfolio focuses on the Performance Chemicals, Life Sciences and Bio Materials sectors including the synthesis of Specialty Monomers for the contact lens industry. Long term relationships with both customers and suppliers underpin the Group business success. In 2016 Melrob employed 87 personnel and generated sales revenues of GBP 58 million.
Source(s): Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 9 Jan 2018 - LeBaronBrown Industries LLC acquires U.S. life sciences ingredients distributor, American International Chemical, Inc. »...Source: LeBaronBrown Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release