Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group
September 19 2017, David R BrownTweet
Hamburg-headquartered, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH (NRC) has announced that it has acquired 100% of the shares in Melrob Group Holdings Ltd. (Melrob) of Crawley, UK. The acquisition includes all of Melrob's subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany, India, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Spain and the USA.
Acquiring Melrob not only represents a strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North AmericaDr. Gerd Bergmann
Managing Director of Nordmann, Rassmann Gmbh
“Acquiring Melrob not only represents the wide-reaching and strategic expansion of Nordmann, Rassmann's current activities in Europe, but also a decisive step towards growing our business in both the Asia-Pacific region and North America,” explains Managing Director Dr. Gerd Bergmann.
Japan has a special position in Nordmann, Rassmann's newly expanded geographic presence, as the company has had very successful partnerships with well-known suppliers there for decades. “We are especially excited to be acquiring our own subsidiary in the Japanese market and thereby be able to take advantage of new business contacts and opportunities,” Dr. Bergmann added. “On the one hand, this acquisition is the result of our continued pursuit of Nordmann, Rassmann's growth strategy. On the other, and through our now complete European and global presence – which gives the whole NRC Group a markedly higher level of visibility on the international market – we're reaching yet another one of our strategic goals.”
Through the takeover, Nordmann, Rassmann will be acquiring new and important points of access to the markets for industrial chemicals as well as monomers. The Hamburg-based distributor will also be gaining another unique selling point due to Melrob's work in the biomaterials sector.
About Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH
Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH was founded in 1912 and belongs to Georg Nordmann Holding AG. Based in Hamburg, Nordmann, Rassmann GmbH is the head of The NRC Group and distributes natural and chemical raw materials, additives and specialty chemicals while providing corresponding application-related know-how. The NRC Group has 16 locations throughout Europe and a staff of 330 employees*. With a portfolio of complementary products for all industry sectors, The NRC Group represents manufacturers of raw materials from across the globe and in 2016 achieved a turnover of approximately EUR 350 million.
*European offices located in Austria, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France, Germany (headquarters), Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scandinavia, Serbia, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey.
About Melrob Group Holdings Ltd
Melrob is a specialty chemical distribution company headquartered in the UK with operations in Asia, North America and Europe. The portfolio focuses on the Performance Chemicals, Life Sciences and Bio Materials sectors including the synthesis of Specialty Monomers for the contact lens industry. Long term relationships with both customers and suppliers underpin the Group business success. In 2016 Melrob employed 87 personnel and generated sales revenues of GBP 58 million.
Source(s): Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 1 Feb 2018 - The Krahn Chemie Group extends its European network with the acquisition of Memolex SAS, France »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 3 Jan 2018 - Safic-Alcan UK acquires Techform Fine Chemicals »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release