Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America
September 21 2017, David R BrownTweet
Univar Inc.(NYSE: UNVR) has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Univar Brasil Ltda. has acquired the stock of Tagma Brasil Ltda, a leading Brazilian provider of custom formulation and packaging services for crop protection chemicals that include herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and surfactants.
This acquisition expands Univar's agriculture business in one of the world's fastest-growing agricultural marketsSteve Newlin
Univar chairman and chief executive officer
“Brazil has agriculture and agro-food exports of more than USD 89 billion and a domestic market that serves nearly 210 million people. This acquisition expands Univar's agriculture business in one of the world's fastest-growing agricultural markets,”said Steve Newlin, Univar's chairman and chief executive officer. “In addition, Tagma's formulation and packaging capabilities will enhance the value proposition for several of our key global supplier partners, and Tagma's strong culture of safety, integrity and quality will be an excellent complement to Univar's already robust agricultural business in North America.”
Founded in 2000, Tagma formulates more than 200 registered crop protection products and provides conception and preparation of new formulations; adaption of existing formulations; and technical assistance with processing and regulatory requirements.
“Joining Univar positions us well to be a more valuable, more relevant partner to existing and future global customers who are looking for supply chain solutions, and I am confident this will create opportunities and growth for our current employees,” stated José Carlos Leite, president of Tagma.
Founded in 1924, Univar (NYSE: UNVR) is a global chemical and ingredients distributor and provider of value-added services, working with leading suppliers worldwide. Supported by a comprehensive team of sales and technical professionals with deep specialty and market expertise, Univar operates hundreds of distribution facilities throughout North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. In 2016, Univar reported reveues of $8.1 billion.
Source(s): Univar Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 19 Sep 2018 - Chemical distributor Univar to buy Nexeo in USD 2 billion transaction »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 29 Aug 2018 - IMCD to acquire European speciality chemicals distributor Velox »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 10 Aug 2018 - Azelis strengthens its presence in Ireland through the acquisition of P-K Chemicals Limited »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 12 Jul 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemical & ingredients distributor Charkit acquires assets of ChayseChem, Inc. »...Source: Charkit Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release