Increasing distributor participation at Chemspec Europe 2016
June 24 2016, David R BrownTweet
Chemspec Europe 2016 ended with a 30% increase in visitor attendance compared to the previous event in Cologne in 2015. The exhibition in Basel, Switzerland, whose participants include manufacturers, suppliers, commodity traders, distributors, agents and purchasers, is regarded as a high-calibre platform for expertise exhange and business development for the global fine and speciality chemicals industry.
Chemspec is well attended by distributors as exhibitors and visitorsNeil Mitchell
Managing Director at Chemagility Ltd
“We want to congratulate all participants for this success”, says Nicola Hamann, Managing Director of the organisers, Mack Brooks Exhibitions. “The record results of Chemspec Europe 2016 reinforce the show’s position as the premier trading and networking event for the fine and speciality chemicals industry in Europe.”
“Chemspec is well attended by distributors as exhibitors and visitors”, added Neil Mitchell, Managing Director at Chemagility, publishers of the World Chemical Distributor Directory.
At Chemspec Europe 2016, a total of 394 exhibitors from 25 countries offered a wide choice of fine and speciality chemicals for a large range of different applications. Largest European exhibitor countries were Great Britain, Germany, France and Switzerland; major Asian exhibitor countries were China and India; and there was also a strong participation of companies from the USA. The first analysis of the exhibition survey shows that major sectors the visitors came from were pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, cosmetics and beauty products, paints and coatings, petrochemicals, adhesives and sealants, high-tech polymers, water treatment as well as colourants and dyestuffs.
92% of exhibitors said they intended to exhibit again at the next Chemspec Europe which is to be held from 31st May – 1st June 2017, in Munich, Germany.
Source(s): Chemspec Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release