Ravago continues to expand its chemical distribution business with the takeover of Campi y Jove
May 19 2016, David R BrownTweet
The Belgian polymer and chemical distribution group, Ravago has become the full owner of Spanish chemicals distributor Campi y Jové headquartered in Barcelona. Ravago already held a 47.4% stake in the business and have reached an agreement with brothers Ramon and Carlos Jové to acquire the outstanding shares. The purchase price has not been disclosed.
We think that a chemical distribution and blending business is the natural evolution for the Ravago GroupTheo Roussis
CEO of Ravago SA
Founded in 1923, Campi y Jové is a family business, in the third generation of family ownership, covering countries in the south of Europe, notably Spain and Portugal, but also North Africa (Maghreb) and Western Africa. The company has 135 employees and spread a storage capacity of 180,000 tons over three offices in Catalonia, Madrid and Navarra. Campi y Jove reported revenues of more than EUR 270 million in 2015.
The deal is believed to exclude Campi y Jové's sulphonating manufacturing plant in Barbastro which produces a range of surfactants as well as the Barentz Campi y Jové joint venture.
“In addition to the progressive and solid growth of our plastics business, we think that a chemical distribution and blending business is the natural evolution for the Ravago Group,” said Ravago SA CEO Theo Roussis. “I can proudly say that we are a service-oriented organization, with dedicated teams of chemical experts. We maintain a commercially entrepreneurial approach with the flexibility to tailor our practices to the needs of our strategic supplier base.”
Ravago has been growing its presence in specialty chemicals distribution and has bought four other European specialty chemical distributors since 2013, including Chemres (Austria), Veltro (Greece) and Innovia (UK). In March 2016 Ravago entered the North American chemical distribution market with the acquisition of TH Hilson Co., a specialty chemicals distributor in Wheaton, Illinois.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the group employs over 5,500 people.
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release