Ravago continues to expand its chemical distribution business with the takeover of Campi y Jove
May 19 2016, David R BrownTweet
The Belgian polymer and chemical distribution group, Ravago has become the full owner of Spanish chemicals distributor Campi y Jové headquartered in Barcelona. Ravago already held a 47.4% stake in the business and have reached an agreement with brothers Ramon and Carlos Jové to acquire the outstanding shares. The purchase price has not been disclosed.
We think that a chemical distribution and blending business is the natural evolution for the Ravago GroupTheo Roussis
CEO of Ravago SA
Founded in 1923, Campi y Jové is a family business, in the third generation of family ownership, covering countries in the south of Europe, notably Spain and Portugal, but also North Africa (Maghreb) and Western Africa. The company has 135 employees and spread a storage capacity of 180,000 tons over three offices in Catalonia, Madrid and Navarra. Campi y Jove reported revenues of more than EUR 270 million in 2015.
The deal is believed to exclude Campi y Jové's sulphonating manufacturing plant in Barbastro which produces a range of surfactants as well as the Barentz Campi y Jové joint venture.
“In addition to the progressive and solid growth of our plastics business, we think that a chemical distribution and blending business is the natural evolution for the Ravago Group,” said Ravago SA CEO Theo Roussis. “I can proudly say that we are a service-oriented organization, with dedicated teams of chemical experts. We maintain a commercially entrepreneurial approach with the flexibility to tailor our practices to the needs of our strategic supplier base.”
Ravago has been growing its presence in specialty chemicals distribution and has bought four other European specialty chemical distributors since 2013, including Chemres (Austria), Veltro (Greece) and Innovia (UK). In March 2016 Ravago entered the North American chemical distribution market with the acquisition of TH Hilson Co., a specialty chemicals distributor in Wheaton, Illinois.
About the Ravago Group
Ravago is a privately owned multinational company founded in 1961 which provides distribution, resale, compounding and recycling services for plastic and elastomeric raw materials through a broad network of 200 regional sales offices and production locations. The company is headquartered in Arendonk, Belgium and Orlando Florida. Total Group sales amount to around EUR 6.0 billion and the group employs over 5,500 people.
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release