Brenntag to acquire South African specialty distributor Warren Chem
June 30 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag is strengthening its presence in the South African chemical distribution market by signing an agreement to acquire Warren Chem Pty Ltd. The Cape Town based company is a leading specialty chemicals distributor focusing on the Pharma and Food industries in South Africa.
Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African regionKarsten Beckmann
CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa
Karsten Beckmann, Member of the Board of Management of the Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa: “Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African region. The acquisition of Warren Chem perfectly matches this strategy as it complements our existing business in the country. Together with our subsidiary Multisol and the specialty distributors Lionheart as well as Plastichem, both acquired in 2015, Brenntag now holds a strong foothold in the Food, Pharma, Plastic & Rubber and Lubricant industries in South Africa. This is an excellent platform for further growth in the country and beyond.”
Warren Chem is a well established chemical distributor mainly servicing the Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical as well as the Food & Beverage industries and complements Brenntag's existing product portfolio. Its broad supplier basis includes major international companies. Warren Chem maintains modern warehouse and distribution facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg, and is well positioned to meet the increasingly strict national and international regulatory requirements of the Pharma and Nutrition market.
Anthony Gerace, Brenntag Group’s Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions: “The complementary product and supplier portfolio of Warren Chem and Lionheart form a Life Science business unit in South Africa that will be competitively positioned in both the Food and the Pharma industries, which are strategic focus sectors for Brenntag in Southern Africa. The Life Science sector is attractive as it has high growth potential. South African companies are growing in South Africa and expanding into the Sub Saharan region due to the increasing demand from the emerging middle class. This environment offers great potential for Brenntag to further grow its business.”
The acquired business generated sales of EUR 26.6 million in the financial year 2015. The transaction will be closed in the course of the next months.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release