Brenntag to acquire South African specialty distributor Warren Chem
June 30 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag is strengthening its presence in the South African chemical distribution market by signing an agreement to acquire Warren Chem Pty Ltd. The Cape Town based company is a leading specialty chemicals distributor focusing on the Pharma and Food industries in South Africa.
Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African regionKarsten Beckmann
CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa
Karsten Beckmann, Member of the Board of Management of the Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa: “Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African region. The acquisition of Warren Chem perfectly matches this strategy as it complements our existing business in the country. Together with our subsidiary Multisol and the specialty distributors Lionheart as well as Plastichem, both acquired in 2015, Brenntag now holds a strong foothold in the Food, Pharma, Plastic & Rubber and Lubricant industries in South Africa. This is an excellent platform for further growth in the country and beyond.”
Warren Chem is a well established chemical distributor mainly servicing the Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical as well as the Food & Beverage industries and complements Brenntag's existing product portfolio. Its broad supplier basis includes major international companies. Warren Chem maintains modern warehouse and distribution facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg, and is well positioned to meet the increasingly strict national and international regulatory requirements of the Pharma and Nutrition market.
Anthony Gerace, Brenntag Group’s Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions: “The complementary product and supplier portfolio of Warren Chem and Lionheart form a Life Science business unit in South Africa that will be competitively positioned in both the Food and the Pharma industries, which are strategic focus sectors for Brenntag in Southern Africa. The Life Science sector is attractive as it has high growth potential. South African companies are growing in South Africa and expanding into the Sub Saharan region due to the increasing demand from the emerging middle class. This environment offers great potential for Brenntag to further grow its business.”
The acquired business generated sales of EUR 26.6 million in the financial year 2015. The transaction will be closed in the course of the next months.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release