Brenntag to acquire South African specialty distributor Warren Chem
June 30 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag is strengthening its presence in the South African chemical distribution market by signing an agreement to acquire Warren Chem Pty Ltd. The Cape Town based company is a leading specialty chemicals distributor focusing on the Pharma and Food industries in South Africa.
Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African regionKarsten Beckmann
CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa
Karsten Beckmann, Member of the Board of Management of the Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Europe Middle East and Africa: “Brenntag's strategy is to become a leader in the chemical distribution market in South Africa, the largest market in the African region. The acquisition of Warren Chem perfectly matches this strategy as it complements our existing business in the country. Together with our subsidiary Multisol and the specialty distributors Lionheart as well as Plastichem, both acquired in 2015, Brenntag now holds a strong foothold in the Food, Pharma, Plastic & Rubber and Lubricant industries in South Africa. This is an excellent platform for further growth in the country and beyond.”
Warren Chem is a well established chemical distributor mainly servicing the Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical as well as the Food & Beverage industries and complements Brenntag's existing product portfolio. Its broad supplier basis includes major international companies. Warren Chem maintains modern warehouse and distribution facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg, and is well positioned to meet the increasingly strict national and international regulatory requirements of the Pharma and Nutrition market.
Anthony Gerace, Brenntag Group’s Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions: “The complementary product and supplier portfolio of Warren Chem and Lionheart form a Life Science business unit in South Africa that will be competitively positioned in both the Food and the Pharma industries, which are strategic focus sectors for Brenntag in Southern Africa. The Life Science sector is attractive as it has high growth potential. South African companies are growing in South Africa and expanding into the Sub Saharan region due to the increasing demand from the emerging middle class. This environment offers great potential for Brenntag to further grow its business.”
The acquired business generated sales of EUR 26.6 million in the financial year 2015. The transaction will be closed in the course of the next months.
Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Brenntag is the market leader in chemical distribution and operates a global network of over 530 locations in more than 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). With over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base, Brenntag offers one-stop-shop solutions to around 180,000 customers. These include specific application technology, extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release