Safic-Alcan UK acquires personal care ingredients distributor, KemCare
May 23 2016, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan UK, a subsidiary of the Safic-Alcan Group, has announced that it has acquired 100% of KemCare, a leading chemical distributor specialising in the Personal Care, Home Care and Industrial sectors in the UK and Ireland.
The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UKMartial Lecat
CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group
KemCare produces and distributes a wide range of actives, surfactants, emulsifiers, oleochemicals, natural oils, synthetic oils and synthetic oil derivatives, as well as a specialty personal care portfolio grouped under the KemCare family umbrella. The company is the exclusive UK & Ireland distributor for IOI Oleo GmbH (formerly Cremer Care), Symrise AG, Sabo S.p.A., The Innovation Company and BASF Beauty Creations.
“The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UK”, stated Martial Lecat, CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group. “We see strategic opportunities to move faster and further into the personal care business in the UK and Ireland through the acquisition of an exclusive distributor who brings its know-how, its markets and its exclusive partners. After the US in August 2015, we made another important step in the development of our Personal Care business in Northern Europe”.
KemCare also has a trend advisory and formulation service, KemCreate™, that works closely with its Principal partners and the leading global trend forecasting companies in order to deliver tailormade formulation concepts. The Company employs 9 people in the UK and is forecasting a 25% growth in sales for 2016.
Safic-Alcan is a French multinational distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France) providing a large range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the United States. In 2015, Safic-Alcan posted revenues of nearly EUR 466 million.
About Safic-Alcan UK
Safic Alcan UK Limited is a specialty distributor with an extensive range of chemicals and additives for the rubber, plastics, adhesives and coatings industries. As part of the Safic Alcan Group, Safic Alcan UK Limited is also a key supplier to the personal care and pharmaceutical sectors. The company also has its own production facility located in the UK, which specialises in products for the rubber industry, notably cure blends and dry liquids.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Maroon Group LLC continues its rapid U.S. expansion with the addition of Lincoln Fine Ingredients (LFI) »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 10 Mar 2017 - Connell Brothers Company (CBC) gains new center of expertise in India »...Source: Connell Brothers Company Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - Biesterfeld International expands its operations in France »...Source: Biesterfeld Press release
- 1 Mar 2017 - German-based commodity distributor, Solvadis acquired by Japanese trading group, Sojitz. »...Source: Solvadis Press Release
- 28 Feb 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its African presence with the opening of a Moroccan office »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 9 Feb 2017 - Ravago buys US specialty chemical distributor, TMC Materials Inc. »...Source: Ravago Press Pelease
- 3 Feb 2017 - The OBG Group acquires UK specialty additives distributor, Richard Baker Harrison Ltd (RBH) »...Source: Hubron Specialty Press release
- 2 Feb 2017 - LEHVOSS Group announces merger of Gee Lawson Limited with LEHVOSS UK »...Source: Lehvoss Group Press Release
- 2 Feb 2017 - Brenntag expands US service portfolio by acquiring the pipeline and chemicals services segment of Greene's Energy Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release