Safic-Alcan UK acquires personal care ingredients distributor, KemCare
May 23 2016, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan UK, a subsidiary of the Safic-Alcan Group, has announced that it has acquired 100% of KemCare, a leading chemical distributor specialising in the Personal Care, Home Care and Industrial sectors in the UK and Ireland.
The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UKMartial Lecat
CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group
KemCare produces and distributes a wide range of actives, surfactants, emulsifiers, oleochemicals, natural oils, synthetic oils and synthetic oil derivatives, as well as a specialty personal care portfolio grouped under the KemCare family umbrella. The company is the exclusive UK & Ireland distributor for IOI Oleo GmbH (formerly Cremer Care), Symrise AG, Sabo S.p.A., The Innovation Company and BASF Beauty Creations.
“The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UK”, stated Martial Lecat, CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group. “We see strategic opportunities to move faster and further into the personal care business in the UK and Ireland through the acquisition of an exclusive distributor who brings its know-how, its markets and its exclusive partners. After the US in August 2015, we made another important step in the development of our Personal Care business in Northern Europe”.
KemCare also has a trend advisory and formulation service, KemCreate™, that works closely with its Principal partners and the leading global trend forecasting companies in order to deliver tailormade formulation concepts. The Company employs 9 people in the UK and is forecasting a 25% growth in sales for 2016.
Safic-Alcan is a French multinational distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France) providing a large range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the United States. In 2015, Safic-Alcan posted revenues of nearly EUR 466 million.
About Safic-Alcan UK
Safic Alcan UK Limited is a specialty distributor with an extensive range of chemicals and additives for the rubber, plastics, adhesives and coatings industries. As part of the Safic Alcan Group, Safic Alcan UK Limited is also a key supplier to the personal care and pharmaceutical sectors. The company also has its own production facility located in the UK, which specialises in products for the rubber industry, notably cure blends and dry liquids.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release