Safic-Alcan UK acquires personal care ingredients distributor, KemCare
May 23 2016, David R BrownTweet
Safic-Alcan UK, a subsidiary of the Safic-Alcan Group, has announced that it has acquired 100% of KemCare, a leading chemical distributor specialising in the Personal Care, Home Care and Industrial sectors in the UK and Ireland.
The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UKMartial Lecat
CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group
KemCare produces and distributes a wide range of actives, surfactants, emulsifiers, oleochemicals, natural oils, synthetic oils and synthetic oil derivatives, as well as a specialty personal care portfolio grouped under the KemCare family umbrella. The company is the exclusive UK & Ireland distributor for IOI Oleo GmbH (formerly Cremer Care), Symrise AG, Sabo S.p.A., The Innovation Company and BASF Beauty Creations.
“The acquisition of KemCare will enable us to diversify our range of personal care ingredients and to widen our portfolio offering in the UK”, stated Martial Lecat, CEO of Safinca, the Holding of the Safic-Alcan Group. “We see strategic opportunities to move faster and further into the personal care business in the UK and Ireland through the acquisition of an exclusive distributor who brings its know-how, its markets and its exclusive partners. After the US in August 2015, we made another important step in the development of our Personal Care business in Northern Europe”.
KemCare also has a trend advisory and formulation service, KemCreate™, that works closely with its Principal partners and the leading global trend forecasting companies in order to deliver tailormade formulation concepts. The Company employs 9 people in the UK and is forecasting a 25% growth in sales for 2016.
Safic-Alcan is a French multinational distributor of specialty chemicals headquartered in Paris-La Défense (France) providing a large range of polymers, materials and additives for the rubber, coatings, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics industries. The Group is present in all major countries of the European Union, as well as in Turkey, and China with on-going strategic development in Eastern European countries and the United States. In 2015, Safic-Alcan posted revenues of nearly EUR 466 million.
About Safic-Alcan UK
Safic Alcan UK Limited is a specialty distributor with an extensive range of chemicals and additives for the rubber, plastics, adhesives and coatings industries. As part of the Safic Alcan Group, Safic Alcan UK Limited is also a key supplier to the personal care and pharmaceutical sectors. The company also has its own production facility located in the UK, which specialises in products for the rubber industry, notably cure blends and dry liquids.
Source(s): Safic-Alcan Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Distributor News
- 21 Dec 2017 - US Vinmar acquires control of Turkish chemical distributor Veser Kimya »...Source: Vinmar Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands market coverage and service portfolio in Iberia by acquiring Quimitécnica »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires the French distributor of pharmaceutical active ingredients, Biochimex »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Dec 2017 - Barentz International acquires Soforebo to strengthen animal protein offer in the Balkans region »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Brenntag to acquire Conquimica to extend distribution network in Colombia »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 19 Dec 2017 - Specialty chemicals distributor, Bodo Möller Chemie positioned to achieve global growth targets »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 18 Dec 2017 - Brenntag expands presence in the Indian chemical distribution market by acquiring Raj Petro Specialities »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 8 Dec 2017 - Univar acquires Kemetyl Industrial Chemicals to enhance its position as a leading distributor in the Nordic region »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 24 Nov 2017 - Overlack changes name to OQEMA to reflect European growth ambitions »...Source: CHEManager article
- 22 Nov 2017 - Valtris Specialty Chemicals selects Krahn Chemie as distributor for a number of European countries »...Source: Krahn Chemie Press Release
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release