Brenntag strengthens South Korean footprint with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Whanee Corporation
April 29 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag has signed an agreement to acquire the South Korean specialty chemicals distributor Whanee Corporation, based in Gwacheon, near Seoul. The company mainly serves the domestic South Korean market with a wide range of food and beverage ingredients with a focus on dairy, functional and flavor related products.
South Korea's market is considered to offer significant opportunities for Brenntag Asia Pacific in the centre of Northeast Asia where South Korea is home to world-class chemical companiesAnthony Gerace
Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group
Henri Nejade, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific: “The acquisition facilitates Brenntag Asia Pacific's market entry in South Korea with specialty chemicals distribution business subsequent to our acquisition of TAT Group, with which we entered the South Korean industrial chemicals market in December 2015. At the time of the signing of this acquisition, we also established Brenntag Chemicals Korea, which is comprised of the industrial and specialty chemicals business operating in the segments Lubricants, Personal Care, Coatings and Home Care. Both operations now set a solid footprint of Brenntag in South Korea to further support our business partners and to execute our strategy in the country.”
Brenntag believe Whanee offers access to a solid local customer base including key players in the dairy food and beverage industry. In addition, the company has a reputable international supplier base, partially with exclusive rights to import and sell the supplier's products in the domestic market. “Overall, South Korea's market is considered to offer significant opportunities for Brenntag Asia Pacific in the centre of Northeast Asia where South Korea is home to world-class chemical companies. The country's local food and beverage market has experienced strong growth rates over the past years, and we believe this trend will continue and we are excited about improving our market position”, says Anthony Gerace, Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group.
The acquired business generated sales of 16.8 million EUR in the financial year 2015. The closing of the transactions will occur in the course of the next weeks.
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users and covers all major markets with an extensive product and service portfolio. Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, the company operates a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000 employees, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). Brenntag. The company supports its customers and suppliers with tailormade distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals with over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base. This includes specific application technology, an extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling. Long-standing experience and local excellence in the individual countries characterize the global market leader for chemical distribution.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 13 Jul 2018 - Caldic completes acquisition of HT Griffin Food Ingredients in Canada »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 3 Jul 2018 - Brenntag strengthens its footprint in Canada by acquiring the chemicals distribution business of Canada Colors and Chemicals »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 29 Jun 2018 - Whyte Chemicals, one of the UK's largest remaining privately-owned chemical distributors, has been acquired out of administration by the OQEMA Group »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 20 Jun 2018 - Swiss Omya Group acquires Romanian chemicals distributor, Stera Chemicals »...Source: Omya Press Release
- 19 Jun 2018 - Leading investment firm EQT Partners granted exclusivity to acquire specialty chemical distributor, Azelis »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 16 Jun 2018 - Fecc Annual Congress 2018 Review - Towards innovative business models in Chemical Distribution 4.0 »...Source: Chemagility Press Release
- 12 Jun 2018 - IMCD to acquire major U.S. specialty chemicals distributor E.T. Horn Company »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Nordic food market with the acquisition of Ingredi »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 17 May 2018 - Leading U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires J Tech Sales »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 14 May 2018 - Azelis expands into South Korea with the acquisition of SammiChem Co »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 8 May 2018 - Univar to acquire Earthoil, a UK-based supplier of natural oils »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Azelis continues to expand in Asia Pacific with the opening of 3 laboratories in India »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Apr 2018 - Lake invests in business-critical coatings capabilities »...Source: Lake Chemicals and Minerals Press Release
- 16 Apr 2018 - Barentz International establishes a Joint Venture with Tovani Benzaquen Ingredients in Brazil »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 12 Apr 2018 - Barentz International and Deltagen form joint venture for Latin America »...Source: Barentz Press Release
- 10 Apr 2018 - IMCD strengthens its technical offering in Asia with two new application laboratories in Indonesia and Malaysia »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 9 Apr 2018 - Safic-Alcan opens Russian subsidiary »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 1 Apr 2018 - Blackstone is preparing to sell leading Australian chemical distributor Ixom in dual-track sale process »...Source: Chemagility Sources
- 28 Mar 2018 - Global polymer distributor Bamberger Polymers Corp. bought by Plastiche SA »...Source: Chemagility/Plastics News Europe
- 27 Mar 2018 - Orkila and Lonza's Capsule Delivery Solutions announce exclusive agency partnership in Egypt »...Source: Orkila Press release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Grupo ADI acquires Spanish chemical manufacturer and distributor, Quaternia »...Source: Grupo ADI Press Release
- 6 Mar 2018 - Azelis strengthens its position in the Moroccan food market with the acquisition of Distralim »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 23 Feb 2018 - 2M Group continues its growth in Europe with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, FrankenChemie »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 19 Feb 2018 - Sunil Healthcare appoints HARKE GROUP as exclusive distributor for empty capsules »...Source: HARKE Press Release
- 14 Feb 2018 - Bodo Möller Chemie expands its European network with the formation of UK subsidiary »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release