Brenntag strengthens South Korean footprint with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Whanee Corporation
April 29 2016, David R BrownTweet
Brenntag has signed an agreement to acquire the South Korean specialty chemicals distributor Whanee Corporation, based in Gwacheon, near Seoul. The company mainly serves the domestic South Korean market with a wide range of food and beverage ingredients with a focus on dairy, functional and flavor related products.
South Korea's market is considered to offer significant opportunities for Brenntag Asia Pacific in the centre of Northeast Asia where South Korea is home to world-class chemical companiesAnthony Gerace
Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group
Henri Nejade, Member of the Board of Management of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific: “The acquisition facilitates Brenntag Asia Pacific's market entry in South Korea with specialty chemicals distribution business subsequent to our acquisition of TAT Group, with which we entered the South Korean industrial chemicals market in December 2015. At the time of the signing of this acquisition, we also established Brenntag Chemicals Korea, which is comprised of the industrial and specialty chemicals business operating in the segments Lubricants, Personal Care, Coatings and Home Care. Both operations now set a solid footprint of Brenntag in South Korea to further support our business partners and to execute our strategy in the country.”
Brenntag believe Whanee offers access to a solid local customer base including key players in the dairy food and beverage industry. In addition, the company has a reputable international supplier base, partially with exclusive rights to import and sell the supplier's products in the domestic market. “Overall, South Korea's market is considered to offer significant opportunities for Brenntag Asia Pacific in the centre of Northeast Asia where South Korea is home to world-class chemical companies. The country's local food and beverage market has experienced strong growth rates over the past years, and we believe this trend will continue and we are excited about improving our market position”, says Anthony Gerace, Managing Director Mergers & Acquisitions at Brenntag Group.
The acquired business generated sales of 16.8 million EUR in the financial year 2015. The closing of the transactions will occur in the course of the next weeks.
Brenntag, the global market leader in chemical distribution, connects chemical manufacturers and chemical users and covers all major markets with an extensive product and service portfolio. Headquartered in Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, the company operates a global network with more than 530 locations in 74 countries. In 2015, the company, which has a global workforce of more than 14,000 employees, generated sales of EUR 10.3 billion (USD 11.5 billion). Brenntag. The company supports its customers and suppliers with tailormade distribution solutions for industrial and specialty chemicals with over 10,000 products and a world-class supplier base. This includes specific application technology, an extensive technical support and value-added services such as just-in-time delivery, product mixing, formulation, repackaging, inventory management and drum return handling. Long-standing experience and local excellence in the individual countries characterize the global market leader for chemical distribution.
Source(s): Brenntag Press Release
Attention Chemical Distributors!
Please send your press releases to: email@example.com
Latest Distributor News
- 1 Nov 2017 - Safic-Alcan establishes a strategic alliance to supply pharmaceutical ingredients in Turkey »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 30 Oct 2017 - Caldic expands in the UK with the acquisition of specialty chemicals distributor, Elastomerics Limited »...Source: Caldic Press Release
- 9 Oct 2017 - Brenntag strengthens chemical distribution in South Africa with the official formation of Brenntag South Africa (Pty) Ltd »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 4 Oct 2017 - U.S. polymer distributor, M. Holland to acquire wire & cable distributor T&T Marketing »...Source: M.Holland Press Release
- 25 Sep 2017 - Azelis expands its presence in the Swiss market with the acquisition of Georges Walther AG »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 22 Sep 2017 - Leading Australasian distributor, Redox buys specialty engineering polymers distributor, P.D. Plastics Pty Ltd »...Source: Redox Press Release
- 21 Sep 2017 - Univar aquires Tagma Brazil to expand its agricultural business in Latin America »...Source: Univar Press Release
- 20 Sep 2017 - Leading U.S. speciality chemicals distributor, Maroon Group acquires New Jersey-based Seidler Chemical »...Source: Maroon Group Press Release
- 19 Sep 2017 - Nordmann, Rassmann completes its European network and and extends its global reach through the acquisition of UK-Based Melrob Group »...Source: Nordmann, Rassmann Press Release
- 18 Sep 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie opens subsidiaries in the USA and Mexico »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 23 Aug 2017 - Japanese Nagase Group acquires U.S. specialty chemicals distributor, Fitz Chem Corporation »...Source: Fitz Chem Press Release
- 11 Aug 2017 - U.S. petrochemical marketer and distributor, The Plaza Group acquires Texas distributor, Conchemco »...Source: The Plaza Group Press Release
- 4 Aug 2017 - IMCD to acquire Canadian specialty chemicals and ingredients distributor L.V. Lomas »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jul 2017 - U.S. specialty chemicals distributor Dunleary Inc. has acquired D.N. Lukens Inc. and D&F Distributing Inc. »...Source: Dunleary Press Release
- 25 Jul 2017 - Azelis gains a leading position in Australia and New Zealand with the acquisition of Chemcolour »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 30 Jun 2017 - Goldman Sachs Group Inc. of the U.S. acquires Dutch-based full-line distributor, Caldic B.V »...Source: Caldic Press Release, Other
- 29 Jun 2017 - IMCD acquires Italian speciality chemical distributor Neuvendis »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 28 Jun 2017 - Prinova acquires Lycored's United Kingdom and China-based premix manufacturing operations »...Source: Prinova Press release
- 27 Jun 2017 - Brenntag strengthens footprint in Asia Pacific by acquiring Chinese specialty chemicals distributor, Wellstar Group »...Source: Brenntag Press Release
- 20 Jun 2017 - Bodo Möller Chemie Group expands in to the Middle East with the opening of an office Israel »...Source: Bodo Möller Chemie Press Release
- 15 Jun 2017 - Azelis acquires LCH A/S to establish a leading position in the Nordic food ingredients market »...Source: Azelis Press Release
- 19 May 2017 - IMCD acquires the speciality chemicals business of Bossco Industries Inc as US expansion continues »...Source: IMCD Press Release
- 1 May 2017 - Safic-Alcan acquires cosmetics ingredients distributor in Poland »...Source: Safic-Alcan Press Release
- 21 Apr 2017 - 2M Holdings Ltd expands presence in Germany by acquiring dry ice producer CE-O2 Trockeneis GmbH »...Source: 2M Holdings Press Release
- 13 Mar 2017 - Nexeo Solutions acquires Mexican specialty chemicals distributor, Ultra Chem »...Source: Nexeo Solutions Press Release